Author Topic: Language  (Read 1443 times)

Sorry for the thread necro, but my problem fits here:
I have a non-English version of FS2 retail, so my SCP Linux build automatically selects the language from the files. I have found some odd behavior though:

1: BP:WIH resets the language to default (English), by changing the file that determines the language, thus leading to an unrecognised checksum. I don't mind, but others might.

2: Ashen Wings fails to load on a non-English version of FS2.

I would like to be able to change my language to English, but since I am on Linux, I can't overwrite the language via the registry. Can somebody help me?

In the long run, would it be possible to implement a command line option, so Linux users can change the language at will?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:18:40 am by The E »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sorry for the thread necro

Don't be sorry for necros. Just don't do them; A topic that is 9 years old is _never_ a good place to ask for something. If your search comes up only with that one topic, make a new one and include a reference, DON'T bump it.

, but my problem fits here:
I have a non-English version of FS2 retail, so my SCP Linux build automatically selects the language from the files. I have found some odd behavior though:

1: BP:WIH resets the language to default (English), by changing the file that determines the language, thus leading to an unrecognised checksum. I don't mind, but others might.

2: Ashen Wings fails to load on a non-English version of FS2.

I would like to be able to change my language to English, but since I am on Linux, I can't overwrite the language via the registry. Can somebody help me?

In the long run, would it be possible to implement a command line option, so Linux users can change the language at will?

Open the ~/.fs2_open directory. There should be an fs2_open.ini in there. If there's a line beginning with "Language=", change it to "Language=English", otherwise add that line.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Since this was split from a necro'd thread, what was the thread it was split from The_E?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me