Author Topic: Is JAVA 32bit or 64bit?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline est1895

Is JAVA 32bit or 64bit?
I seem to have a 32bit version of JAVA right now.  Is there a 64bit version?  If so I couldn't find it.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Re: Is JAVA 32bit or 64bit?
yes
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=java+64+bit

keep in mind that if a particular application was compiled for 32 it might be selecting a 32 bit runtime at runtime
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline est1895

Looks like I need a direct download link please.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Yeah I think you need both 32 and 64-bit, as Bobboau was saying.  And you have to update them separately, IIRC?  :ick:

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Yeah I think you need both 32 and 64-bit, as Bobboau was saying.  And you have to update them separately, IIRC?  :ick:
Yep.

Most java installs get the 32-bit version as the java site looks at the browser and uses that to decide what it offers up as the 'recommended' download.

And since most browsers are 32-bit (or the 32-bit version is the default install type)...
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."