Author Topic: Looking for Truespace users' input..  (Read 1623 times)

Looking for Truespace users' input..
Ok, I've finally decided to attempt to learn this program, at least for the time being. (I'm hoping to own Lightwave before year's end)  What I want to know is, what's the simplest way to learn?  I have Truespace 4.3, and I'm probably not going to upgrade anytime soon.  Please don't say just mucking around in it, that's been a source of frustration for me.  What I'm looking for is a book, more or less.   Or a website.  Please help!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well I'd sudjest, takeing a few models from the game and mucking around, then take a few primitives and use the deformer tool to make the general shape you want, then use the weld and erase vert tools to learn poly optomiseation, then bevel, sweep, and you're best frend, polydraw, this should take you about three months and by the end of that time you should have a working knowleg of what you need to know to make models in truespace for freespace, I would also sugest learning UV mapping but now that we have lithuwrap, this isn't such a bad thing anymore
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
inside truespace 4 by Frank Riviera. also read the user's guide.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1