Author Topic: Move ship behind player (out of view positioning)  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
Move ship behind player (out of view positioning)
Heya fellas. again dealing with a mind cracking puzzle  :(

Been trying to get something out of heading/pitch/bank with no luck, and there seems to be nothing out there in fred I can use to pull this off.
You guys have an idea, or ever implemented something like this?

I could divert player attention somehow to a certain point, thus somewhat knowing where he'll be facing but that's just a poor man's solution and likely to fail in some situations.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Axem

Re: Move ship behind player (out of view positioning)
What sort of moving are we talking about here? Something that is already placed within the mission or something that needs to arrive behind the player?

In any case, you can use the get-position-x/y/z sexps + the relative parameters to come up with something that's behind the player.

Try checking this part of the ingame jumping tutorial. It deals with putting something in front of the player, but you could just make things go backwards to make something appear behind the player.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
Re: Move ship behind player (out of view positioning)
Something it's already in mission, no worries though I'll check what you linked. Had no clue the get-position sexps could get you the relative coords of the object.

Cool stuff, I've gotta try it out now.

edit: Works like charm, thanks Axem my fredwizzard.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:14:43 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...