Author Topic: Temporary Files  (Read 1733 times)

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
how do I delete them!  Not the internet ones b/c is clogging up my computer and I forgot the commands to do it.
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
c:\windows\temp (delete)
c:\temp (delete)
c:\windows\temporary internet files (Tools, Internet Option, Delete Files)

I could have been really mean. I must be losing my evilness.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
I mean the DOS commands for it so I'll get them all.
I need something serious right now everybody I've talked to has said something very stupid even "Turn off ur computer."  I've looked on the web and all i find is crap about deleting temp internet files.  I dont want to delete anything that is important to my machine.

I always run scandisk to fix errors, defrag, then delete temporary using the DOS way, but I've lost the piece of paper with my instructions on it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2002, 07:47:09 pm by 251 »
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
restart your computer to safe mode (hit F8 when windows is at its loading screen). Go to your C drive (or whatever drive Windows is located on), go to drive cleanup, and from there you can safely delete your temp and internet temp files.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
del *.*

The silent death. :nervous:
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
found a file called webpool in there as well should that it be in there b/c it wouldnt delete.

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
Originally posted by an0n
c:\windows\temporary internet files (Tools, Internet Option, Delete Files)

som,etimes that dosent get all of it, so just open it in explorer nad delete all  the files in there, no folders
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Originally posted by an0n
I could have been really mean. I must be losing my evilness.

[sarcasm]Darn![/sarcasm]
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
How big are your temporary file caches BTW? I once had around 2.4GB of files in my \windows\temp folder when I had not cleaned it out for some time. :p

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Not too bad. :D

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
I delete minie almost everytime I log off the Internet. :)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
don't want your parents to check if you've lurked on pr0n sites?
:p
SCREW CANON!

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Originally posted by venom2506

No...because I don't want some wise-ass company on the Internet to see where I have gone with the cookies in my computer.:p

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
You stole the cookies from the cookie closet? How could you!? :eek:

On I side note, I believe the command you're looking for is "del".
Usage: del evil-item-to-kill
-C

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Well i use a diskcleaning manager like Safeclean Utilities to clean upmy harddrive. You can get at  www.ministars.com Its pretty good
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by venom2506

Now who would do that? :nervous:
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14