Author Topic: Shivan weapons and me being stupid  (Read 1221 times)

Shivan weapons and me being stupid
So trying to get back into modding Freespace again. I slowly pieced together my old toolkit of stuff out of trial and error and extracting files to a million directories to see where they run. To get back into FRED, I decided to take the first story mission and make all the shivan fighters and bombers playable in it.

I set all of the player allowed flags on all of them, on the three shivan laser weapons, set "in tech database" on, and then made them all available in the FRED team loadout editor. Now when I load the mission up, I can pick any ship, see any of the weapon's (blank) profiles in the tech database, and I can start the mission and fly the ship around, but it starts with no weapons equipped in any slots, and attempting to equip some before the mission crashes the game as I change to the weapon selection screen. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with allowed pbanks and such, but I'm not sure. Is there yet another super obvious thing I'm overlooking here?
"I only miss what I don't hit."
Show me something that beats 87 BF reds and I'll show you Hateful Lies!!!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Shivan weapons and me being stupid
You might need to set the Shivan weapons to be allowed in the campaign?  (as the crash you're getting sounds vaguely like this issue)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Re: Shivan weapons and me being stupid
Turned out that was right. Thanks!
"I only miss what I don't hit."
Show me something that beats 87 BF reds and I'll show you Hateful Lies!!!