Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
A couple of questions
1. How can you get statistics to carry over to a new campaign? 
I have a campaign that is made up of three parts packaged as separate campaigns and need the statistics to carry over for the three parts.

2.  Do Mjolnirs re-position to aim at targets or do they have to be positioned in the mission to be aimed at the target?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Axem

Re: A couple of questions
1. All of the campaign variables are saved in the player's campaign save file, so there's no way with retail files to copy data from one campaign to another. So you'd either have to combine all three campaigns together or use a script to save data to a file that is independent of the campaign saves (I do have such a script working if you are interested!).

2. If you give a Mjolnir an attack order, it will try to face its target. The issue is that the front of a Mjolnir is actually its side (as you can see when you place it, its facing up instead of forward) and won't actually be able to hit anything. So either position is to the best of your ability yourself, or use a modified Mjolnir that actually faces forward (there are a few floating around, I know Vassago and BP:WiH Act 3 use them).

Offline Macfie

With retail the players stats were carried over I assume they were stored in the Player file.  Then when we implemented the new Player files with build 3.6.18 it no longer carried over the stats.  I thought there had been something added that would allow carrying over stats from one campaign to another.  I hate to combine all three campaigns since there are 88 missions.  How exactly does the script work and what would I have to do to implement it?

When the Mjolnir tries to face it's target does it align the gun or the front?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
In the new pilot file (3.7.0) there are campaign stats and all-time stats.  Unfortunately there's currently nowhere in the interface to display the all time stats (I have considered ways to kitbash the interface to allow the display of them, but haven't got past the thinking about it stage yet). Only campaign stats are displayed in the barracks and debrief screens.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

Ah, I misunderstood the original request there then. What sort of stats do you need to pull from one campaign to the next exactly?

And Mjolnir will attempt to attack by facing the enemy, even though its turret isn't oriented that way.

Offline Macfie

I wanted to carry over Rank, medals and stats (Kills, assists etc.)

Offline Axem

Hmmm... Perhaps not then I'm afraid (at the moment anyway). :( Even if we got the data into external files, setting up the info for the next campaign wouldn't be very seamless...

Offline Macfie

Thanks anyway.  The info on the Mjolnirs was helpful.  I found one of the models that faces forward and that solved one of my problems.