Author Topic: Invisible Ships and Crashing Debug mode  (Read 1224 times)

Invisible Ships and Crashing Debug mode
Morning all, I just want to say that I'm new to forums and especially this one so if I make a mistake please forgive me. I've been having an issue with the latest version of fso where the ships are all invisible, they can still be shot and collided with but I just can't see them. Then when I ran the debug version of FSO I got an error about an asteroid on loading the mission and then it crashed when I tried playing the mission, which it never did in the normal version. I'm running on Windows 10 with an Nvidia 555M.
PS: I'm running FSPort now because I wanted to see if that would fix the issue but it didn't

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Invisible Ships and Crashing Debug mode
FSO is currently running on the GPU integrated in your processor. If you have a dedicated one in your system, use its driver control panel to force it to take over rendering. If you do not, use the "disable deferred rendering" troubleshooting flag in the FSO launcher.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Re: Invisible Ships and Crashing Debug mode
that seems to be it! Thank you so much, I had it set globally to run with the Nvidia card before but apparently it stopped working at one point and i didn't notice. I uninstalled the entire Nvidia suite and reinstalled it and now it works like a charm!