Author Topic: Errrm. Voice.  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
A thought occurs. Will we be extracting voice form HomeWorld, or recording our own.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Homeworld does have the basic "Acknolodged" crap, and as for the campaign text... you got the basics... but you'll need a lot more then that to bump it up to "FS2 quality". Now you have the daunting task of making your voice sound like the chick inside the mothership.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
How would I extract the vioce from HW anyway, I've got the big file extracter, but what format is the audio in?

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
music and sound files aren't stored in the big file, they are stored in separate file archives.  The sound file format is in a specially developed format by relic.  You need a plugin for winamp to be able to listen to these sound files.  The files are extracted with a program called Homesong.

Though you should be aware that due to a conflict of file extensions any version above winamp 2.76 has a codec conflict then trying to play certain types of these sound files.

The format is *.aff also *.aifr
AFF is also use for and apple sound format, hence the conflict.  So you need to rename all AFF extension to AIFR.  Or better still download and install a 2.76 version of winamp.

You should be able to find most of the stuff you need here...
http://www.a-fluffy.demon.co.uk/homeworld/downloads.html

The relic sound tools, the winamp plugin and the homesong extractor are the prime utils you want to download.

The reason you'll need the sound tools is because the plugin for winamp only player certain bitrate files in a normal manner.  Other bitrates sound like high pity squeals and crackles.  You will have to play around with the bitrate to get the files to sound right.

Now incase you hadn't guest, I have this subject covered already :)  However if you still feel the need to get the tools and have a play then I'll save you the trouble of searching for everthing and bundle it all together in on email sometime later this week.
Thats no moon... hes dropped his pants!

Offline Nuclear1

Really cool tool link, Elorran. Could you tell me exactly how to use it? I've got WINamp 3 and relic sound tools d/l'd, now I can't figure out how to play the files.
          Thanks in advance

Nuclear 1
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Farsight

• Tapper