Author Topic: Progress  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
your public is getting worried.

So whats the state of play these days? Hows everything going, and how much of theSCP are you going to be using?
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
We will be optimizing our mod for FreeSpace_Open HTL version. All of our models are going to be hi-poly. About the progress, I don't know if I have permission to state anything.

Let it be enough(from me): We are still working.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
well you are right, but this happen when there aren't often updates.
And we can't have often updates for the simple reason that 99% of the artwork (models and textures) is done by me personally (mostly) or is converted stuff from xwaup.
And things are going slowly since I'm very slow and very busy these days, and since converting ships from other games can't be done in a couple of minutes: require people to work on em (we have only sigma doing this job, who is busy too), require expert modders to accomodate to the fso specifics, and not always models can be imported or are worth to.
It seem we failed to get modders interested at this project, so I can't really tell you, now, how much time it will take to have something good enough for a preliminar release.
We aren't that far in theory, but even a single ship missing could delay the release date of months in this situation.
We are in a border-line situation, where everything could happen: we may close suddenly, if I'll get tired of modding (improbable) or if I'll get too busy with real life (very probable), or with almost the same probability we may take off in short time if we can get new skilled staff members, maybe thanks to the interest outside the communitiy that a demo could generate.
But we need a demo first.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
hmmmm, what would one need to help on this project? I have no talents but am willing to learn, you cant let this gem die.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
You can help us in anything you can do. Modelling, Artwork, FREDing or(and :)) testing. Whatever you are the best at.

We mostly need artists and modellers. If you ask me, I am enough as a sole FREDer for a while unless one of the staff members come up with a long and excellent storyline he wants to be done ASAP. But I find its chance negligible(how the hell do you spell this? :)), since everybody knows we need models first.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
well i have little to no modeling experience, i have my abilities with photoshop, i wouldnt say there the best but its enough to see me through a graphic design course.

Hmm, check Node War, its not the best example but all the stuff there is by me. I can possibly find you some other items if needs be.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I have seen that forum quite a times, so I don't click on the link. I suppose making textures and icons are two different things. So do you want to be applied?

Unfortunately, not I am the one who decides who to apply.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
hmmm, i can re-vamp textures (i have done bits and pieces for DatDB) but creating new ones is something i can not do. Once again, i dont know how much help i will be if at all, so i leave down to you to decide.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Sheepy
...so i leave down to you to decide.

Not my authority to do that.
Would you be glad to test for us?

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
would be no problem, just point me at what i need

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
uhhh photoshop...the magic word...:)
I know textures and web design aren't the same, btw you already have the basis, so if I give you some of my photoshop texture files, you may have a clue about how to do some of the things required in texturing.
Obviously if you still want to give it a try...
I just advise you that texturing at the desired quality level may be pretty long.
You may also need to learn how to unwrap, not too difficult, but useful for a texturer

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
OK, so does it mean we have a new staff member?
If all three of us were on ICQ, we would be able to discuss faster.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 01:01:12 pm by 1079 »

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
contry to my profile i dont have icq any more, msn is you best bet to get hold of me ([email protected])

And Karma, i will try anything, i just cant promise you i will be good at it :D

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I was just hoping I could lure Karma to ICQ. :)
And I don't have MSN.

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
I'll be off for a couple of days (merry xmas to everybody..:)), we'll look to add you and I'll upload some file for you when I'll return
topace, you know...
I open ICQ not very often, sometimes I just forget it, most often I just can't or I'm too busy to open it

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Isn't that care if you post at HLP, or you are talking to someone at ICQ? :doubt:

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
no probs, i doubt i'll be around much over the next few days anyway, merry xmas to you guys, and all that jazz

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
well, you know, you can post when you want, during pauses from more important thing you are doing, with ICQ isn't exactly the same.
And usually (not now) I'm on a public computer, and when you can hide a web page, it's harder with the icq client.:)
(plus I hate istant messengers:p)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
but sometimes it is necessary to discuss something more openly, and more quickly. It is not valid for today, but sometimes in general.