Author Topic: Help me plz...  (Read 1548 times)

I downloaded FS2 from the HOTU website and installed it. The problem is that whenever I try to update to version 1.2 I get a message saying that "filesize doesn't match" (or something like that). Is the HOTU copy wrong or do I have to do something to make it work? Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
Erm, not a clue. Someone will tell you shortly, most probably, but in the meantime:

:welcome:

:)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

By the game off of amazon, thats what I did. Bought it brand new.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
I think the HOTU exe has a nocd crack on it. you'll need to get the original exe to update, I think.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Forget that!

No need to get ripped off... We burned NEW copies last month and two retailers are seling them for $29.99 and $19.99...

Shcoolpop.com is your new god...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
I think it has to do something with the missing media files. By missing media files i am then thinking of the voice and cutscenes that the HotU version of FS2 doesn't have. Download the missing files from the FTP server. There is a link to it somewhere around here. I think that will slove the problem
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

IIRC HOTU is a cracked 'n patched version, so you shouldn;t need to update.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Well, first, you download the patch, I think it's on Fileplanet somewhere. Then, you give me a spoon, and allow me to devour your sweet, juicy brainssss...

*cough* ahem. Um, that should be the latest version that we uploaded. If not, it really doesn't matter- I don't think I ever downloaded the patch, never noticed the difference.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The Freespace FTP is the place to look. You might also want to check out the HotU section of my Freespace FAQ to help you with some other problems that may arise.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]