Author Topic: so, "Salvation Movement", what to make of this  (Read 778 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
so, "Salvation Movement", what to make of this
http://www.sfexaminer.com/article/index.cfm/i/070704b_iraq

I don't know wether to take this seriusly, or laugh, with a name like "Salvation Movement" it _has_ to be something we set up. something about this, while in concept seems great, just seems weird, we have masked arab fighters threatening to fight for us. well it looks like were suporting the next generation of terrorists to fight our enimies agin.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I wouldn't be surprised - if it was true - if the CIA had a hand in it...... after all, they've been paying off clerics to preach moderacy for some time.

NB:  All terrorism is bad - even if its terrorists attacking terrorists.  Otherwise, you're just being hypocritical.

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
While the Iraqi insurgents have, from what I've read, been growing increasingly dissatisfied with what are presumably foreign, though whether they are or not is anyone's guess, groups who are killing Iraqis, the name Salvation Movement sort of gives it away.

I don't think that it has come to this - Iraqis fighting other Iraqis within the insurgency - nor do I think it will ever come to that so long as Iraqi territory is under American occupation, but there are bound to be a few people who buy into this (abroad I mean, not in Iraq).

Mujahideen in the '80s, the Northern Alliance in 2002 and now, in addition to the Kurds, this. Since its a safe assumption that there is no group within Iraq, with the excpetion of the Kurds, that wishes to see the American occupation continue for another day, this basically amounts to arming your enemies.

edit: besides, rumours are that Zarqawi is already dead.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 12:33:06 pm by 644 »

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Re: so, "Salvation Movement", what to make of this
Originally posted by Bobboau
[url]Well it looks like were suporting the next generation of terrorists to fight our enemies again.

w00t!

- We don't know even know if they truly do have American funding or not though. It's possible, but it's also possible that they don't want it anymore than they want to be associated with us.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
[started posting after aldo_14's post, have to go to work now]
well they, havn't done anything yet, but it looks... like it could go bad, if all they do is shoot at the people makeing bombs and stuff then I wouldn't have a problem, but if they go around shooting any suni they see (for example) then the'd be just another band of terrorists. though as I said, they havn't done anything yet, and we don't even know _if_ they will do anything, given that we have an election comeing up in a few months it seems more likely that this is just something to make people here think that Iraqis are starting to take the fight themselves, therefore, vote for Bush, becase the whole Iraq thing is about to be over.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 12:37:25 pm by 57 »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Why do I get vision of people in Salvation Army uniforms running round Iraq hitting terrorists with their collection tins?

Frankly, I have not heard of a single case where even a normal Iraqi in the street calls it 'The Coalition force'. It is 'The Americans'. That's what makes me doubt it.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
In that case it's time for some education. Get the union jacks waving.

Hmm.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Flipside
Why do I get vision of people in Salvation Army uniforms running round Iraq hitting terrorists with their collection tins?

I thought of the Salvation Army too. :p
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Lonestar

• Fred Zone Guru
    • United Gamers Coalition
ahh the next generation of fighting is here! On Morale level this could be devastating as it could warp many childrens views now and make our future even worse then it is now.

nothing worse then fighters who fight for their gods. Its called fanatacism and good or bad it has to be stopped.

Offline Gank

Probably just a cover name for the Badr brigades or someone so they can start knocking off important sunnis.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Originally posted by vyper

Hmm.

Vyper, I know what you mean, but where most of the problems are occuring is on American held territory, though this is only because of where that Territory is in this case :)

The British have pretty much been discounted, even by many Terrorist groups,  as faithful little sidekicks who really don't have any power on their own. In which they are more or less correct ;)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by vyper

Hmm.

You might be as well of waving bullseyes, tho......

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I always wondered what the cross part was for...
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14