Author Topic: Holy freaking crap! NEBULAS ROCK!  (Read 5089 times)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Holy freaking crap! NEBULAS ROCK!
They just don't know what they're talking about.

Retro gaming is the 1980's, the good C64 classics.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

I know just the feeling! I love the nebula-missions too and... what the other guys said... You got alot of goodness ahead! :)

You know, the first times I played the first nebula mission I, first, didnt make it to jump. They blew me out of the sky, so I thougt I HAD to destroy the Shivans and spent like two hours fighting the bastards ´til my eyes ran (couldnt blink to much) and they just kept coming.
Annoying when I DID make it out and the debreifing says "nothing you could have done"... Jeez...

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
Originally posted by Lightspeed
They just don't know what they're talking about.

Retro gaming is the 1980's, the good C64 classics.

I still have mine. ;)  No idea if it still works though seeing as its been sitting in an attic for over 15 years without being used.

As for the nebula missions, I loved those the most.  When you get to the second SOC loop, turn the speakers up and the lights out. :)  Thats the only real way to play it.  Especially if you've got your system hooked up to a stereo with a subwoofer (or like me a home theater system) so you can really experience it properly.

As for newbies showing up, I'm afraid I had a hand in this too, seeing as I posted this thread on the DescentBB. ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 09:45:22 pm by 215 »
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
Originally posted by High Max
In my opinion, nebula missions suck. I like missions that allow you to see the ships from a distance and I like missions that have unique back grounds, not the same thing over and over again. Also, the nebulas impair your ability to see special effects.

Dude, you're flying through a dense field of gas.  You're not going to see a whole lot, which is the entire point of the missions.  You're flying in a shivan-infested zone with a very limited field of vision and your sensors are greatly impaired giving the shivans a huge advantage over you.

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Originally posted by Vertigo1

Dude, you're flying through a dense field of gas.  You're not going to see a whole lot, which is the entire point of the missions.  You're flying in a shivan-infested zone with a very limited field of vision and your sensors are greatly impaired giving the shivans a huge advantage over you.

Greater than normal you mean.:D
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Vertigo1

I still have mine. ;)  No idea if it still works though seeing as its been sitting in an attic for over 15 years without being used.

As for the nebula missions, I loved those the most.  When you get to the second SOC loop, turn the speakers up and the lights out. :)  Thats the only real way to play it.  Especially if you've got your system hooked up to a stereo with a subwoofer (or like me a home theater system) so you can really experience it properly.

Yes, I still have the loyal C64 here as well, but just like you, I haven't used it the last years. Opening WinVICE is just faster and more comfortable.

And yes, a decent sound system vastly improves the gaming experience. Altough it only really gets breathtaking in FS1. Turn up the volume, and play through the campaign in one go.

Dang, I really wish FS2 had equally good music.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline dan87uk

i think fs2 has better music at some points but fs1 at others,
============================================
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
Originally posted by Lightspeed

Yes, I still have the loyal C64 here as well, but just like you, I haven't used it the last years. Opening WinVICE is just faster and more comfortable.

And yes, a decent sound system vastly improves the gaming experience. Altough it only really gets breathtaking in FS1. Turn up the volume, and play through the campaign in one go.

Dang, I really wish FS2 had equally good music.

I rather enjoyed the music to both.  However, as of late I just let winamp run in the background since I have special combat tracks I play when I feel like kicking much arse. :)