Author Topic: Very quick voiceacting request  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Very quick voiceacting request
Hello all, yet another request.

I'm looking for someone to voice a short monologue/log entry for the main character in the upcoming Rogue Intentions chapter. I only have planned to do this short entry at the beginning and one at the end, so if anyone is interested, it would be a quick work.

The only requirement is that I'm looking for someone with as little an accent as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Re: Very quick voiceacting request
*volunteers.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

Offline Admiral_Ahmose

• Former gamer/poser, still a voice actor.
    • BurghSportsGuys.com
If it was a first come, first served, request, ignore this post.  I snoozed, I losed.

I would also be interested, if you're interested in auditioning...
I eat Sathani for breakfast.

Offline Nuclear1

If it was a first come, first served, request, ignore this post.  I snoozed, I losed.

I would also be interested, if you're interested in auditioning...

It's not a problem. I'll need to make some choices here as well, so the more people to choose from, the better. :)

PMs away.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
What constitutes minimal accent? I have no accent as far as I'm concerned, but every American I've ever met (and I've met a bunch of 'em) has a horrendously strong accent.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline CaptJosh

I don't really think of it as an accent when I talk, but whenever i'm chatting with my australian sweetheart on Skype I'm very aware of my Southern Drawl. So I guess you probably wouldn't want me voice acting for you.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
*raises hand*
willing to voice act for cheese :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Nuclear1

PMs out. In terms of accent, I'll see what comes up. If worse comes to worse, there are some other parts in terms of logs voiced by the two other main characters that I might be able to fill, if anyone's still interested by then. :)

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
If it is voice actors you need, then I'll volunteer. :)
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

You have a very strong accent. :p At least to American ears.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker

You have a very strong accent. :p At least to American ears.

Well, I didn't volunteer to be born on Finland. :)

Guess I should take somekind of lessons to make those accents go away. Still I think that if someone has a strong accent, it doesn't mean you should discard that actor.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Nuclear1

I've personally got no problem with accents. The only problem is that I saw the role being filled with an Admiral Bosch-like tone and voice.

While I've now filled the main character's position, I'm looking to do the same with another wingman and another major character in the campaign.

Dark, if you're interested in the latter, I'll send you a PM. :)

Offline Admiral_Ahmose

• Former gamer/poser, still a voice actor.
    • BurghSportsGuys.com
Still I think that if someone has a strong accent, it doesn't mean you should discard that actor.

I agree. 

I remember the Blackwater demo...I think Alpha 3 had a pretty thick French accent.  "No response.  Communications systems are offline" or something to that effect.  I actually had to read the printed line because I couldn't understand it.  At first, it annoyed me, but then I thought, "Well, this fleet is made up of folks from a United Earth.  It's not like we have an American Terran fleet, a French Terran fleet, a Finnish Terran fleet, etc.  So, why not?"

No need to pander to my American-ness...
I eat Sathani for breakfast.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
While I've now filled the main character's position, I'm looking to do the same with another wingman and another major character in the campaign.

Dark, if you're interested in the latter, I'll send you a PM. :)

Sure, I'm recording generic pilot voices for Babylon 5: Severed Dreams next week, which is quite a fast job I reckon. So I wouldn't mind getting another job.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I wouldn't mind doing a short part, if you still have something available.  To my own ears, at least, my voice sounds like unaccented American, though I don't know what anyone else would classify it as. :p I'm working my way through a slight cold at the moment, so I may sound a little off right now, but I should probably be back to normal within a week.

Offline ZmaN

i wouldnt mind trying....  Im from jersey, so i dont think i have an accent......  Im only 20 minutes from the GW Bridge, you know!
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You have an accent.  How do you pronounce "water"? :p

Offline Nuclear1

I wouldn't mind doing a short part, if you still have something available.  To my own ears, at least, my voice sounds like unaccented American, though I don't know what anyone else would classify it as.

I've heard your voice before, and it sounds about as American Midwestern (i.e. American unaccented) as it can go.

Checken sie PMs. :)