Author Topic: Small concerns  (Read 1822 times)

Offline sheru

Was playing around in the mission "In light and Darkness from the mission pack and though I'd let you know a few things worth noting.

First, like a few others have mentioned, you can tell ships in this mission that are friendly now and be hostile later to jump out (including the space station in this one too, was cool to watch)

Second, I found this out from playing around. Because I told the ships to jump out, I couldn't finish the mission so for no reason I decided to disable my friendly ships. after getting bored with it and finding it amazing the ship had enough power left to jump out, i jumpout to end the mission and get the you're a traitor screen, blah blah. Now this is the important part. The text is from the normal FS2 you're a traitor thing. Didn't know if this was supposed to be different or not yet, but thought you'd like to know that at least for the "In light and Darkness" single player mission, it still tells me both terrans and vasudans want me jail/killed/whatever. Like I said, just a small concern, nothing too important for people not trying to friendly fire their own AI but something to look into to finish up converting the program into the B5 universe.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Thats more to do with mission designers than the program itself. ;) As for the traitor text I dont know if that has ever been looked at.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline sheru

That's fine. Just figured I'd try to be alittle bit of a tester and point out some things like that in case it's something you do want to address. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing cause it's great so far.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Sigma957
As for the traitor text I dont know if that has ever been looked at.

It was, I changed it in the release candidate versions. No idea how it got reverted back in 3.0 final.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Wow they are small concerns. Good nit picking there. Seriously though, thanks for bringing this stuff to our attention. Oh and don't look in the medal table.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 03:20:52 am by 43 »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline sheru

He heh, well I kinda figure if they were things that mattered at all, they were the type of thing to write down and do later on when you have nothing better to do than waste time on kinda unimportant things.