Author Topic: TCP/IP and IPX?  (Read 547 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
How do i enable them? (found a workaround for playing decent 3 multiplayer and my computer decided to turn them off.)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Wait... where are you posting from?
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
i'm not in the game, vyper. :rolleyes:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
He's saying you couldn't possibly be on the web without TCP/IP.

To enable IPX on a Windows machine you can add the protocol from your network connection configuration. Just open it up and click add. You may need a Windows install CD depending on your version.
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
If your computer turned them off, you wouldn't be posting here.  More likely, your game doesn't see that they are on.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
*calmness induced for great justice*

Are you posting from the same PC as you have the problem on?
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
:doh: meh, figures...

yeah, i'm on the same comp. D3 says TCP/IP and IPX aren't enabled. :wtf:

[EDIT] @ Kamikaze: Where do i add it? :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 02:19:57 pm by 2299 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're wasting your time enabling IPX unless you intend to play over a LAN. Even then you're probably wasting your time as the network most likely uses TCP/IP anyway.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
then that's what hamachi is good for then. :nervous:

also, the TCP/IP option used to work before, but now D3 just won't recognize it.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What did you change between now and last time it worked?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter