Author Topic: Finding open ports on my ISP.  (Read 832 times)

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
Finding open ports on my ISP.
Programs, suggestions, methods, I could use any (preferably all) of them.  I know 21,25,80, and 8080 are open, I'd just like to know what other's, the reason being so that I can host a server.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Re: Finding open ports on my ISP.
Nmap.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
If you want to pay for convienence, netscantools pro, and Unicornscan for UDP stuff, if you're making a gaming server that uses UDP primarily.  Otherwise, nmap is your best friend. 

Before you go scanning thier network and raising eyebrows over on your ISP side, why not just ask them?  If they dont like people running servers on thier network, they'll shut your server's IP down eventually if you just put it up.. or am I missing something here?

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
AFAIK, unless you are behind a university/NAT firewall, only ports relating to SNMP and NetBIOS should be disabled.  But as people say, ISPs dont like people hosting servers.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Which is why I'd never use anything but an IAP.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline Inquisitor

You could ask your provider...

Or look at your provider's FAQ...
No signature.