Author Topic: Flight Deck Crash  (Read 1601 times)

I have just finish playing through the first Inferno release... i also have FSPort and Sol: A History going...  I make new pilots for every campaign and Mod, just to be safe.

However... i selected the MediaVPs file as the mod so i could play the regular FS2 Campaign....  but now i cant get past the starting roster... i get an error when it tries to go to the flight deck... this is what it says:

Error: Could not load in 2_MainScreen-M!
File:menuui/mainhallmenu.cpp
Line: 1046
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Did the inferno Flight Deck replace the original flight deck or something?? any help?

Offline Kernal

You have all the mods in a seprate folder right?
What build are you useing?
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Yes... the only mod i have besides the Media VPs is Inferno, and its in a seperate File.  I also have Sol: A History, but its just a campaign, could it have messed something up?

I have 3.6.7 i believe

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Ah, that's the problem, get 3.6.9 RC 2 and then see if it works.

You mean theres a 3.6.9?  and whats RC 2??  lol, i cant keep up with this

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
3.6.9 is the version about to be released, Release Canadate 2 is the one of the versions preceeding the final 3.6.9, go to this thread.

You were never properly beamed, I just checked.

:welcome:

Welcome to HLP. Please keep all appendeges within the installation at all times. Flamethrowers are located underneath all seats, however, due to the rising cost of oil, the ID / evelotion debate (don't debate me on Whether or not there is a debate), :v:, and the meaning of life, the napalm has been replaced with Holy Water. Plasma rifles are located in the weapons locker, but only Admins, :v:, or a hyperintellegent shade of blue have ascess to these areas. If you meet a Shivan in the ductwork it is most likely Carl, give him your lunch and back away slowly, odds are good you'll be fine.

Also, watch out, Holy Water can burn, and the flamethrowers are usually out in the main HLP forum
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 01:27:46 am by Mars »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I doubt this is a bug with 3.6.7 though. It never hurts to check but the inability to find the mainhall suggests other problems.

You haven't done anything silly like removing the standard FS2 VPs have you?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Strangely enough, when I read the title of this thread, I thought you meant one of the fighters was crashing onto the flightdeck of a larger vessel.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

No... i never deleted anything...  I have done a total reinstall of the game now, just becuase i wanted to get on with the FS2 main campaign.  (also, on a side note, when i tried playing the main campaign from the Inferno Mod, it also crashed on the first mission.)

Its working now, but i would still like to figure out what the problem was, just to make sure it dosent happen again, cause now ive lost all of my Inferno progress...  :mad:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I suspect that the problem is something to do with the way you installed Inferno.

Check my FAQ and you'll see a page on how to install mods. See if that was the way you installed Inferno.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]