Author Topic: CD-RW drive troubles  (Read 393 times)

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
CD-RW drive troubles
The drive stopped working this evening. It recognizes some games and audio discs, but conks out after a while. Sometimes it'll make a low whining sound. Trying to read the disc, I guess. The drive also promptly uninstalls itself with notice whatsoever after a few attempts to do anything. It shows back up when I restart the computer.

It's some kind of Sony drive. Less than a year old too. Any advice?

Re: CD-RW drive troubles
It's buggered. If it's under warranty, get it replaced. Otherwise just buy a new drive and make sure it's not the same type.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
I would call this a starforce error.  Have you installed any games or demos that use starforce protection?
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
I would call this a starforce error.  Have you installed any games or demos that use starforce protection?

No. It's been over a month since I've installed or played any game on that computer. Starforce is some kind of copy protection software, right?