Author Topic: Pilot Limits  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I try to make one pilot for each campaign I have.  Unfortunately, I have many, many campaigns.  I don't want to erase any of my pilots or uninstall any of my campaigns.  Is there a way to bump the maximum number of allowed pilots?  I've managed to max out the roster...
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Well I never tried this but it might work since I do the opposite to get my pilots from machine to machine.  Just move some of them from the data\players\single directory to a temp directory.  This should remove them from the list.  Switch them in and out as needed.  Not a fix but it should get you past the problem for now.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Alright, thanks for the advice.  I hope they expand the pilots roster soon.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

FUBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 i havent seen you in years!!!!!!!!!!!!111 Whats up buddy?!?!?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Stop by the bar sometime Hunter and you will see what is up.  YOUR BAR TAB!!!!!   :lol:
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Is there really any benefit to making multiple pilot files with the multiple-campaigns-at-once system that was added to the engine a while back?  I've had only one pilot since then, and I've never experienced any problems with it.

fubar, you heard from sweet savage? BTW, if you didnt know fubar, I'm Admiral Khafe :) I am also the new third admin of Darkwing :D

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
The problem is that they'll get changed sometimes... if you play the FS1 port on your normal pilot, you will lose your specific-ship kills; stuff that's been removed from the table will be changed to whatever is the new item is... like if you killed 100 herc mk1's but the new campaign you have substitutes it for a Fenris... well it now says you have 100 Fenris kills, not 100 Herc kills.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.