Author Topic: freespace soundtrack 1&2  (Read 8864 times)

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan
freespace soundtrack 1&2
anyone knows where u can download it?
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: freespace soundtrack 1&2
If you open mv_music.vp (SCP only) and warble_fs2.vp with VPView you can find all the music from the game.

You may also want to look here.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Please note that you'll need to do some converting if you wish to put FS music on... say, a music disc or MP3 player. The files in warble.vp are .wav's, but they have some kind of encoding put on them that discourages more standard conversions. A program like Goldwave is able to convert them though.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
i extracted them with vpmage and got static....

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I extracted one of the ambience tracks from warble and it played find in Winamp, Media Player Classic, Media Player 6.4, and VLC.  The properties summary showed it to be encoded with PCM.  What's so non-standard about that?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I shouldn't have said "encoding", I should have said "compression". My mistake.

What I meant was that it can't be converted by something like WMP's little audio converter. I believe the programs on the computer are able to play them because it is gathering data from FS in order to do so. I haven't tried putting the unconverted .wavs on a comp without FS and playing them...

If you try to convert them, you'll get a message like "Unable due to unrecognized codec", even though the same program can play them flawlessly.

Like I said, Goldwave or a similar program can convert them.

I actually have very little knowledge about audio encoding or anything similar. I had to have it explained to me: here, I found a quote from my (very old) thread:
IIRC FS2 uses wavs using MS ADPCM compression. Something like Goldwave should be able to convert it (Or at least turn it into an uncompressed wav).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 12:11:59 am by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
FS shouldn't do anything to the system that would enable something like VLC or Media player to play it.  But, I could see Windows Media Player not liking it, because I personally think it's a piece of crap.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan
ok thx i have it^^ now i just need to wait for the FSport to download for soundtrack 1
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:wtf: Windows Sound Recorder can convert those files  Start > Run sndrec32 , press enter... after you open the .wav (extract from .vp and drag & drop works nice) go to File > Properties, convert to the preset "CD quality", make sure its stereo.  Then save it.