Author Topic: New Kid on the block...  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Adam3

New Kid on the block...
I just recently re-installed my Descent freespace 1,
And I decided to join this forum!, also I just want to know,
How do I get multi-player started, and what tutorial I could use for the Mission editor?
---------------------------------
One way to truly die in a game
Is to break the disk\cartridge.
Depending on the game, its either suicide
Or a mercy killing!
-----------------------------------------

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: New Kid on the block...
Errg. 
Powering up Photon Beam Cannons. Target Acquired. FIRE!
:welcome:
Welcome to Hard Light Productions. Exits are to your rear. In case of emergency, Flamethrowers can be found under your seats. They're empty though, so you'll have to beat others to death with them.

If, for some strange, as-yet-unknown reason you find yourself crawling through one of the nearby airducts, you are quite possibly going to run into a shivan. Five legs, glowing red eyes. You cant miss 'em. It's probably just Carl, though. Give him whatever food you have on you, and he should leave you alone. If you have none, take comfort in the fact that your death will, at least, be quick (if not painless).

There are Plasma rifles located in the forward storage lockers, however these can only be accessed by an Admin, :v: , God, or Hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Be warned that the door to the Command Bridge is guarded by subspace claymore mines.

The SCP is all that is good. Mention efF esS thr33 at your own peril. And have a nice day.

If you have a high-speed connection, follow Turey's Installer link in my siggy.  (Or you can try one of the others).  Make sure to get FSPort as well.  Multiplayer, you sign up for FS2NetD,  Once you've got FS:SCP and FSPort (FS1 ported to FS2/SCP), you should be able to play online, I think... perhaps you should wait for someone who uses multiplayer a bit more than I do, though... (I've used it once, so far...)  But to start with, get FS:SCP + FSPort.  ;)

Jeez Jr2, that's what, the fifth since last Sunday? Ah well, it's good for us anyway...

And Adam, in case you haven't noticed, at the top of the site, there's an "External Sites" tab. If you click it, and click on the Karajorma's FAQ link, you'll have just introduced yourself to what might be referred to as the HLP Bible. Before you ask ANY questions on this board, check Kara's FAQ first. Trust me, I've asked a few questions that have simply been redirected to Kara's FAQ. Oh, and if you have Descent Freespace, you should get Freespace 2. There is, in the EULA, a section dedicated to the ability to attain a copy of Freespace 2 if you don't own the game. You should download it if you've got a good connection (I think there's a few mirrors in Kara's FAQ).
    Also, you should dig around the boards and download some of the mods as well. Or, you can check this out Skippy's Campaign list under the "Hosted" tab at the top of the page to see which mods are finished and where/how to get them. There is a plethora of mods that have come out of these boards. But first, you should play Freespace 2 at least a few times. Many of the mods are hard to beat, and ALL of them won't make sense if you haven't played the campaign.

Well Adam, I bid you good hunting (and good luck avoiding Carl).

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
He, he.. download FS2 + FSPort + SCP + MVPs + mods all in one = my siggy.  ;)

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
but where is BTRL!?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
In my siggy at the top of HLP :lol:  Actually, as long as it's a highlight, I don't really need it in my siggy, I don't think...

EDIT: BTW,

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:58:03 pm by jr2 »

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
theres no room in your sig for it.

His isn't as large as LGM's yet... so there's still space.  :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

Don't tempt me!

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
add the taka song to.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
add the taka song to.

You mean the one in your siggy?If so i read it and it is so true. ;) :lol:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
it was going to be the sandwich song but i dont want to be a suck up.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

Don't tempt me!

I have an interesting change in my mind... ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
not a link to japongs abomination! NOOOOO!