Author Topic: Drakh war mission, short campaign  (Read 3009 times)

Offline drb1986

Drakh war mission, short campaign
hey yall, i know im new to the forum still but i just had some help on the mission editor, long story short i got started on ships from the drakh and allied EA, minbari ships on the other side. i beleve in B 5 history that we did counterattack the drakhs after the plauge was cured (Crusade) but i have the base but nothing extremely fancy like scrips and way points. so what im asking if there is anyone who i can send this mission file to and see if yall can do some editing for im stl learning but it some good stuf, dont really need voice acting or extremely fancy stuff just some good scripting, any takers.-D

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Drakh war mission, short campaign
I raising anyone who is willing to FRED for TBP...

just PM me
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
If Orpheus is offering to mentor you I'd take him up on that offer, and download Orpheus's Drums of War campaign as an example of how make a simple fun TBP campaign.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

I did and he's a BIG help!!

Two thumbs up, Orpheus!! :yes: :yes:
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline drb1986

I PMed him yesterday so i hope hell respond soon, oh my email adress is [email protected], but i got a good fight so far just need to work some of the other stuff and get the damn ships to open fire with thier main guns like the warlock's 2 front GOD laser cannons, look it up it does have them, oh and can yall tell me step by step how yall installed 3.2 to 3.4 i  have to reinstall TBP and do it again.-D

Offline 0rph3u5

good to read something from you, stargate
made any progress lately? if yes I would like to see it sometime...

get the damn ships to open fire with thier main guns like the warlock's 2 front GOD laser cannons,

well that is an easy one...
go check whetever you have activated the "all ships beam-freed by default"-flag in the Missions Specs editor -- that should switch all beams on all ships in the mission to ON
alternatively you can also set up Events using the "Beam-Free"- or "Beam-Free-All"-Operators
EDIT: I forgot about the third solution - the "Fire-Beam"-Operator-- but that is just for firing one shot at one target

('cause beams in terms of the orginial FS engine were always "overkill"-weapons they set to off by engine default)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:53:20 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Quote from: stargate2008 link=topic=47006.msg957875#msg957875
[/quote

Nice to see he's not anal about everyone mispelling his name.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline drb1986

AHH GOOD, besides the 3.4 problem, ive made the ships fire main beam weapons, im doing a experiment mission between ea and minbari ships and making it realist to the point where omega's can somewhat hold there own again a sharlin and warlock's going head to head good against them which it can do.

but next question how u make a ship come out of hyperspace.-D

Offline 0rph3u5

A single ship which has jumpdrives? ---
go to the ships editor (either via editors menu or by double clicking on the ship) -- the whole lower part of the editor (with the great white spaces) in there for setting the arrival and departure of ships --
but be careful! many ships all ships warpin with helluva speed and many don't slow down until they have passed 2k or even 4k distance...

with groupes of ships using one jumppoint thats another matter... but we can discuss it later

ps. got your mail ... I'll look into it once I've a more time left than now

==================

good to read something from you, stargate
made any progress lately? if yes I would like to see it sometime...

Yea, I have but have been busying with sports so I'll upload it when i can get the time
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline drb1986

Sorry i was gone yall, was busy with work, but anyways im getting better at mission editing i just learnt how to make ships come out of hyperspace after a space station is destroyed for instance just need to learn how to make craft come out the docking bay, in game messages as well.-D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Bear in mind that if you're willing to take a little break from this particular campaign I'm still willing to help people with the TBP campaign missions in the FRED Academy.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline drb1986

ok ill take your offer, im doing a test mession and im getting better in some stuff, but orpheus is probably looking at and finishing the mission so i guess i can learn some while im at it ill PM u later.-D