Author Topic: Question about campaigns and mediavps  (Read 1017 times)

Question about campaigns and mediavps
I've just finished the main fs1 and fs2 campaigns, so I'll be starting to play some custom campaigns soon. I'm curious though, will the updated ship models, effects, etc. from the mediavps be in whatever campaign I choose to play? Would Derelict, for example, use say the higher-poly Myrmidon model or whichever model was used in making the mod? If this isn't the case, is there any way to use the models from the mediavps instead? I know I could probably just fire up a campaign and see for myself, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Anyways any help would be appreciated. 

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Re: Question about campaigns and mediavps
That all depends on if the campaign/mod has a mod.ini file in it's folder. If you have used Turey's installer to download the campaigns you have, these most likely will have mod.ini files and will use the mediavps. Some of the older campaigns however will not have a mod.ini file.

Checkout Karajormas FAQ for more details. Particularly this section! Or more specifically this section

and .....

:welcome:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Dysko

Re: Question about campaigns and mediavps
Just as a curiosity...
In something more than a week there have been a lot of new user. And not too much time ago I sent to an Italian videogaming magazine (Giochi per il mio computer) an e-mail talking about FreeSpace 2, the SCP and the various total conversions, and I wrote also links to HLP, GW, SG and HC. Maybe most of them may have come here reading an article about FS2...
Since for various reasons I haven't bought yet the last number of that magazine, can I ask you and to the other newbies if you are Italian and/or have read about FS2 on the magazine Giochi per il mio computer?
Thank you and sorry for hijacking your thread :)
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it