Author Topic: 86 gun Colossus?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Would anyone be interested in a colossus with 86 guns? I upgunne dthe colosus awhile back because in the original table entry, it mentions turrets up to #86.  So i added LOD's and paths so if any one would want it for something i'll put it up some where.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

I'm sure someone would. That would be some framerate-wrecking firepower.  :P

If you ever have anything you'd like to upload and share, use www.hades-combine.com .

Offline wdarkk

Would anyone be interested in a colossus with 86 guns? I upgunne dthe colosus awhile back because in the original table entry, it mentions turrets up to #86.  So i added LOD's and paths so if any one would want it for something i'll put it up some where.

Would that be the compliment of weaponry it mentions in the briefing? Or more?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Uh, dude, one problem: An 86 turret Colossus would wreak havoc on FS2's missions :P

[EDIT] Although it does seem inviting, it wouldn't make the Colossus look like a big useless watergun in the last mission. ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:58:08 am by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Deus-Ex-Overkill

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
86 is the best number ever. So yes, an 86 gun colossus would be great.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm curious about how it would perform...and having seen what was supposed to go in the extra guns, I think that this would actually not break the Main Campaign. Most of the Colossus' extra guns were going to be antifighter weapons, and the Colossus never underwent serious fighter attack. It'll still be death on any capital ship smaller than a juggernaut, and it'll still be outmatched by the Sath. This is all that really matters.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BS403

well their were six turrets that weren't listed in the table so i put those as terslashs. i could probably change the turret model to the smaller one for aaaf's, and i'll upload it in a few hours when i get back to my desktop.

The new version can take on 6 demons at a time and win easily.  this is with the demons surrouding it on all side except the back.

Offline BS403

http://www.hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=350

This one still has the 6 extra terslashes, if you want them changed to aaaf's just tell me.

pfffffffffffffft. Lets do one better

:nervous:

87 turrets!!!
 :nervous:
"I only miss what I don't hit."
Show me something that beats 87 BF reds and I'll show you Hateful Lies!!!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
And I say we should make it 88! :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Eviscerator

• Who? What? Noway!

Flak guns  :drevil:
The Lurker Extreme

To study and not think is a waste, but to think and not study is dangerous.

Hands off me haggis!!

Go with 88 turrets.  The Germans made the 88 famous in World War 2 with their 88 mm dual-role anti-tank/anti-air artillery gun.  That cannon wrecked havoc on anything it hit even from maximum range, so give the Colossus the same # of cannons for that psychological fear factor  :nod:

Offline BS403

Look i'm not adding any more turrets, if you want to, go ahead and do it yourself. I only offered if people wanted certain turrets turned to aaaf's.