Author Topic: GTBC Blade texturing trouble  (Read 2085 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
GTBC Blade texturing trouble
I've been using TrashMan's Blade-class cruiser for a while, and something's wrong with its textures.

Apparently, its engine section texture is invisible (transparent). The texture that comes with it is in the /maps directory, where it should be. I'm sure that he mesh faces of the engine are reversed, so the texture is invisible from the inside, not the outside.

Is there any way to fix this without opening a modeling program and reconverting? I tried PCS, but I haven't found any related feature that could help me out.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: GTBC Blade texturing trouble
If you were *really* lazy, you could just hide it by making larger thruster plumes...

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
have you tried replacing the texture? - maybe just the maps is corrupted or something

EDIT: found the model in my "collection" appears okay in PCS
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Several times, with textures of all imaginable formats. No luck. That's why I'm sure it's got to do with the mesh, not the texture.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline 0rph3u5

okay.... I just searched my collection and I found a different version of the model with a newer date...

Where did you get your version of the model, TopAce? Single download?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
FSMods, I believe.

[EDIT]Redownloaded it. Same issue.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:01:28 pm by TopAce »

Offline 0rph3u5

Is the texture name "thrusterCore.pcx"? if yes, thats the older version of model... - the newer one uses "enginelarge.pcx"

==================

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I got the older version, then. Where did you get the new version from?

Offline 0rph3u5

"Flames Of War: Coming Of The Storm" release thread

get "FOW_COTS1" from the given link - it should include the newer version of the Blade and the needed textures (as well as almost 80 MB other stuff)

==================

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Should have figured. :P

Thanks.

You may find the texture size may be the cause.

Anything not to the power of 2 (128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, etc....) will not render in non-retail FS. I encountered this problem with the GTCv Cobra. Many textures were not either of these sizes, so I had to manually recreate them.
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
It's not that it wont render it's that certain drivers do not support dds files that are not power of 2.  You should get a warning in the debug log about that if you run debug.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras