Author Topic: a 2d and 3d shockwave for the masses  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Re: a 2d and 3d shockwave for the masses
3D Uber: Many already have it, as it is the Adv Effects high end shockwave.

Wait, what? So this is the current effect and not a fixed version of the version in your first post?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Who's first post?

I think you mean some one else.

I _could_ do a fixed version of what Topgun posted, but that is not my responsibility. Unless some one asks the both of us very nicely.

And honestly, nothing against the effect, I just don't really like it as a shockwave.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Einstine909

• (-,-) -meh
Wow, never thought that those shockwaves I made were going to be used... looks like i was wrong...

If there is an interest, I can dredge up those old shockwaves I made and make em better.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Who's first post?

I think you mean some one else.

I did, in retrospect. For some reason I'd thought you were the topic creator when I made that post. Obviously not, though.

Offline Topgun

I keep trying to add the shockwave texture to the pof but it doesn't seem to add it. will try with an older not--experimental pcs2.

Wow, never thought that those shockwaves I made were going to be used... looks like i was wrong...

If there is an interest, I can dredge up those old shockwaves I made and make em better.
I would be interested. but I would be even more interested if you told me how you made it.
I know you made the texture in photoshop then animated it in blender, but how did you animate it?

Offline Einstine909

• (-,-) -meh
Ugh... Its been awhile...

How well do you know the node setups in blender?

I will edit this to explain when I find out how it works myself...

Offline Topgun

I see what you did, most of the steps are just brightening the image. but I don't know how you animated it.  care to upload the packed .blend?

Offline Einstine909

• (-,-) -meh
Well I think that file has been lost a few computers ago... but I think I have a way of making a better setup, so give me a few days and Ill see what I can do...