Author Topic: The Serapis?  (Read 11706 times)

:wtf:
Maybe that's because you have no shields when you fight an Anubis?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Hammer of Light missions? Custom missions? Cardinal Spear? Multiplayer?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You don't get the Herc until you have shields... (in the main FS campaign). You only get Apollos and Valks.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
:wtf:
Maybe that's because you have no shields when you fight an Anubis?

:rolleyes:
I think I'd expect that if I didn't have shields thank you very much.

No, I'm thinking Tenderizer. The watchdogs usually damage my hull on the first hit.

I can't confirm this with fraps or anything because I'm currently without a decent computer

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Actually I think I'll start a new thread for collision error hunting - this one kinda switched topic.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
You don't get the Herc until you have shields... (in the main FS campaign). You only get Apollos and Valks.
But the Anubii have shields later in the campaign.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yea, when you face the HoL.
I was stating that it is impossible to not have shields with a Herc (in the main FS campaign), unless you're playing the Kill Lucifer mission.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Vretsu

The Serapis is definately buggered. Shots tend to pass right through even when one strafes the easy to hit top of the thing.

The only collision/hitbox problem I've ever seen was with the Faustus in both retail and FSO.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
No duh, if it can shoot through itself then the player can too.

Not always true.  I've seen plenty of ships where a turret's FOV allows it to shoot through the ship.  For some reason the shots don't impact the ship's hull, even though the ship has fine collision detection.

And do you guys plan to do anything about that origin-of-turret-not-actually-being-inside-the-subobject-mesh syndrome that makes certain turrets near-impossible to hit with missiles (because the missile explodes before it hits any geometry)?

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
The Serapis has been repaired already - see the collision detection thread.

And do you guys plan to do anything about that origin-of-turret-not-actually-being-inside-the-subobject-mesh syndrome that makes certain turrets near-impossible to hit with missiles (because the missile explodes before it hits any geometry)?
And this occurs where?

Don't assume we know of every little bug and glitch in the entire fleet. :p I've certainly never seen that.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
This bug occurs in the retail Sathanas and the HTL Ravana.  Basically what this means is that the center (origin) of the turret subobject is not inside the mesh, so when you fire missiles from the right (or rather, wrong :P) angle, they detonate before they hit the turret, frequently causing minimal damage.  As far as I can tell, this is why you can't take out the Sath's flak guns with Trebuchets in Bearbaiting...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
This bug occurs in the retail Sathanas and the HTL Ravana.  Basically what this means is that the center (origin) of the turret subobject is not inside the mesh, so when you fire missiles from the right (or rather, wrong :P) angle, they detonate before they hit the turret, frequently causing minimal damage.  As far as I can tell, this is why you can't take out the Sath's flak guns with Trebuchets in Bearbaiting...
This occurs with the Sathanas' forward flak guns.

EDIT: Oops.