Author Topic: Sample Lighting Settings  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Sample Lighting Settings
I created a page with sample screenshots and settings for custom lighting configurations. I urge you all to contribute to it.

Further: the page right now is almost orphaned, with the only link to it being from the Command Line Reference. I wanted to add a link on the Getting Started page but couldn't find the appropriate post-install launcher setup section. If anyone finds an opportunity in the Wiki to link to this page, please do so.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: Sample Lighting Settings
I did some tidying up and added it to the Source Code Project category.

Also, did you know, GalEmp, that single enters in a Wiki code don't do anything? Use br instead or create a list using * if you want two paragraphs to follow each other without an additional enter between them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 07:40:37 am by TopAce »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Aardwolf

Wouldn't it help if there was a bit more standardization to the images, somehow?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Also, did you know, GalEmp, that single enters in a Wiki code don't do anything? Use br instead or create a list using * if you want two paragraphs to follow each other without an additional enter between them.

As I discovered. However I'd like to keep the settings all on one line so it's simple to copy-paste them into the launcher.

Wouldn't it help if there was a bit more standardization to the images, somehow?

It would. Feel like contributing? :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Aardwolf

Well there would have to be a (basically still) scene or scenes illustrating certain things that are affected, like beam brightness, spec, laser brightness, etc., and a certain set of in-game detail values, etc.

Edit: also, what about the difference between with/without shaders? Or do shaders ignore those settings? (I don't know cuz I can't use them)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Lighting settings are independent of shaders, to an extent. In -no_glsl (Fixed Render pipeline) you'll get 3.6.9-ish style representation.

The lighting flags existed prior to the shaders and were something I had to take in to account.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys