Author Topic: Fanfic - The Duel  (Read 1412 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I was a little bit bored tonight and decided to write something for fun. It's not intended to be anything groundbreaking.

It was no longer any fun. All the wingmen were gone. Some died like heroes. Some were helpless, the others did their job before they met their respective dooms. Only two of them remain. There are no more threats coming out of nowhere, spattering missiles of all designs at whomever was in sight. There's only one blip on your radar, one target in your reticle. You saw all your enemy was doing.
Both combatants were severely battered. That was most expected under such conditions. The odds were even at start and they're even now. Looks like to be grounds for a fair fight.
One of the combatants was a rookie Terran with little patience to distractions such as precise timing or premeditated battle tactics. What he lacked in mental prowess was compensated for by mere luck. It's not to be relied on in the long run, but maybe there shouldn't be a talk about long runs in this instant. It's only the here and now.
The other is a Vasudan pilot of equal skill, with more tolerance to aforementioned distractions. Nothing more is known about him.
They then clashed. An external viewer would not have seen much more than a cloud of lasers. Panicked, the pilot of the Seth class released some heat-seeking missiles at his sole opponent, coming from right above him. That's a big mistake. Instead of turning away and taking evasive action, he decided to go on the offensive, steering toward his adversary, showing him the most vulnerable side of his craft. The unaimed laser shots emanating from the Terran craft hit the Seth on a critical spot. It was over in seconds.
There was little choice left for the victorious fighter. Within seconds, a portal opened in front of his eyes and the Apollo fighter disappeared behind an intense flash of light.
He climbed out of his badly damaged craft and was about to leave the room. However, he was intercepted by the very pilot he had killed. He was in perfect physiological condition. They exchanged a few words then left the simulator room.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 02:18:06 pm by TopAce »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

nice. You think it's the T-V war, but it's not. Only problem I have is it's slightly confusing in the beginning
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!