Author Topic: Starships wishes you a Merry Christmas!!  (Read 5537 times)

Starships wishes you a Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas everybody!
I am proud to announce that today, the 25th of December Starships opens its gates and invites you all to visit it here: http://starships.wikia.com/wiki/Starships_Wiki ! And help us maybe :D.
We have been around for about 3 months, writing, playing and working around on this project, and we've finally hit the 500 articles mark. A good portion of these are FreeSpace ships, as I personally loved this game and a good portion of the mods for it. The FreeSpace section however isn't yet finished, but it's very close to being so. Give us a hand and it might turn out even better.
Starships is all about spacecraft, sci-fi and modelers. So we invite all modelers to show off your ships! Also, if any of you want to cover other universes, I'll be glad to help you out if you give me a message. And some feedback would be great! :nod:
Also we would like to thank this great community for its great work, and for the occasional under-cover support. Thank you all!

Merry Christmas!
Luke, main editor of Starships
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 03:23:01 am by ktistai228 »

Re: Starships wishes you a Merry Christmas!!
Very cool.  :yes: This is the most complete collection of FreeSpace fan-made ships I've seen. My only suggestion would be to insert links to the download pages on freespacemods or freespace2sector for the ships that are available there. I might work on this if I have the time.  :) Keep up the great work!

Complete? Not by a long shot, there is still a lot to go on. But everyday more and more ships are going in.
As for the linking part.... I've got a little awkward feeling yelling NO! On the other hand ration tells me that it could be a good idea. You have a freehand if you want to do it

Offline starlord

Wow, interesting! but do you plan on trying to regroup ALL ever imagined space ships? that's a lot of work! :nod:

I don't plan on trying, I plan on succeeding.
I am trying.
Now, doing that on my own is suicide, so any help would be appreciated.

As for the linking part.... I've got a little awkward feeling yelling NO!

Any particular reason?

Well....
Firstly If you get to the point where you want mods and user-made ships, well, hard-light is the place to go, not StarShips. And hard-light is much better at this
Secondly it's a lot of work, and I have my hands tied down ATM. And I don't want somebody to come, make half the job and the disappear.
But on the other hand, I didn't make it for myself, I made the whole site for you guys. If you think this is best, be my guest, no problems from me. But I can't do it.