Author Topic: Free camera view at the Restart Mission/Return to Flight Deck-screen  (Read 2202 times)

Offline wrooom

Free camera view at the Restart Mission/Return to Flight Deck-screen
I just asked a FS2 fan whether there is any possibility to get a free, maybe maneuverable camera view when your ship is destroyed. H also liked the idea yet couldn't help me there.

The AI seems to continue the mission normally (ships still fight, seem to take damage etc), but you can only see the scene from the specific angle your ship had just when it was destroyed.

So if there would be a maneuverable free camera mode implemented, that would be great - just to sit back and watch the fights and fireworks go on, choose a nice position maybe from behind an attacked battlecruiser or at least choose a different ship for spectator position, as it is possible during an active game.

Any ideas? Is there any possibility for such a camera mode in-game or at the closing scene? It is such a waste of excellent graphics ...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Free camera view at the Restart Mission/Return to Flight Deck-screen
While it would be possible to do this, it is currently not implemented yet, and not planned to be implemented.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Actually, um...try pressing the targeting keys while on deathcam.

Can have some interesting effects.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
It'd probably be a royal bear to account for all of the different possibilities, and maybe not even possible within the engine's current limitations, but it'd be a really cool concept to create a campaign which can even continue after the original player character's death, provided your wingmen are able to complete all of the objectives themselves in the mission where you die.  To maintain continuity, you as the player could be switched to one of the other pilots in your squadron, with the original pilot's death noted as part of the story.  To prevent a conveyor-belt effect, you could switch to some set failure conclusion of the campaign if the player dies too many times.  From what I've heard, the recently-released PS3 title Heavy Rain uses a concept similar to this.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It'd probably be a royal bear to account for all of the different possibilities, and maybe not even possible within the engine's current limitations, but it'd be a really cool concept to create a campaign which can even continue after the original player character's death, provided your wingmen are able to complete all of the objectives themselves in the mission where you die.  To maintain continuity, you as the player could be switched to one of the other pilots in your squadron, with the original pilot's death noted as part of the story.  To prevent a conveyor-belt effect, you could switch to some set failure conclusion of the campaign if the player dies too many times.  From what I've heard, the recently-released PS3 title Heavy Rain uses a concept similar to this.

It's already sort-of possible to do this with an application of ship-guardian-threshold and end-mission.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
can't you target a ship and then view from that ship?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together