Author Topic: GDB Crash Backtraces  (Read 1031 times)

Offline amki

For those interested in helping me debug these, I'm playing on
  • Ubuntu 10.10
  • Linux bratwurst 2.6.35-24-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 2 02:41:37 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  • Intel i7 920 CPU
  • 3 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 2 nVidia GTX260, of which one is currently active on the screen i'm playing fs2 on (2 Monitor Setup)

I'm using an inferno build and I'm using the following commandline options: -mod mediavps_3612 -spec -glow -env -mipmap -missile_lighting -3dshockwave -no_vsync -targetinfo -3dwarp -warp_flash -post_process -fullscreen_window  -ambient_factor 70 -spec_exp 8.2 -spec_tube 1.0 -spec_point 8.6 -spec_static 3.5 -nograb -res 1920x1080 -window -nograb

I'm keeping my svn to the latest, so all of these crashes should be reproduceable.

http://paste2.org/p/1186615

In the coop multiplayer mission "Argonautica" (Standard FS2 Campaign) (Could not reproduce while playing it a second time)

http://paste2.org/p/1187759

While trying to leave a multiplayer game, where the only other Player's game had crashed.

http://paste2.org/p/1187790

When finishing the multiplayer mission "Exodus" (Standard FS2 Campaign) when warping off not near the jump node (right after respawning)

http://paste2.org/p/1187815

While trying to submit the Mission CoOpSM3-08.fs2 (Their Finest Hour, original Campaign) to the only connected player.

I'm just collecting those logs here until I (or possibly someone else? ;)) finds time to debug&|fix them. :)
Space... the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
What's usually more useful when there's a crash, is the fs2_open.log file generated by a debug build.  It would be in your .fs2_open/data/ folder on Ubuntu, I think.  Backtraces are helpful as well, though.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline amki

For future crashes I'll also append the fs2_open.log ^^
Any debug information could be useful!
Space... the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Also, if you're looking into fixing any of the issues yourself, that's definitely great.  Many bugs like that only tend to surface on one platform, and we have a big shortage of Linux coders.  I hope someone will see if those issues can be reproduced on other platforms though.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays