Author Topic: thinking of creating a short about fs2  (Read 952 times)

Offline saied

thinking of creating a short about fs2
hey guys im saied and i was hoping i could get some of you interested on a project i wanted to work on.
a little about me, when i was 14-15 i played fs2 and i thought it was the greatest game ever, and then after playing fs2 i found this community and although i dont come here often i love the fact that fs2 has such a big community.
im also an inspiring digital animator. in my spare time i model objects in software and sometimes animate although im much better at modeling the animation. so last night i was thinking of how awesome it would be if someone made an entire movie or even a short about free space. so i thought i would ask some people here that might want to be interested in doing such a thing. im thinking of this short being 6-10 minutes long and im thinking the project should take less then a year( story- story board- model-animation-voice-render-compostition. so it be good if some people are intrested in doing a project like this and it be even better if somepeople do have experience with modeling and compositing software( either maya/max and after effects)
i would love to do this project and i think alot of others would love it too so if u guys are interested either PM me or leave a post and we can gather our thought togather as a community
thanks

Re: thinking of creating a short about fs2
Ah hah! Interesting!
If you haven't yet, you may want to look at mjn.mixael's work on the FS cutscenes and a myriad other things. Over here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=68161.0

At the very least, he can give you some pointers about creating stuff like this outside the FSO engine. And if you're a modeler, there are several projects everywhere that need all the models they can get.

And just in case you haven't been welcomed properly yet, Welcome to HLP!

Offline saied

Re: thinking of creating a short about fs2
thank you for the welcome note. and also thanks for showing me this post, and yes thats just great. ill contact him and see if we can work togather on something or i can help him out