Author Topic: Can't post new topics  (Read 3034 times)

Can't post new topics
I can't post a new topic in the FS Modding or SCP board, probably others as well. I can post in existing topics, but not make new ones. There's only the "Notify" and "Mark read" buttons.
In GenDisc and in this board all four of the buttons show up. Anyone else have this too?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:12:29 am by Fury »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Goober is online, I'm guessing that's why.

And this is not theme issue.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Can't post new topics
Seems to be in all public boards, only private boards still work :)

(edit) Correction : In most. "Non hosted" like mine is still working, as is the spamboards below.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Shade

Guessing someone tried to fix the "Anyone can post topics in announcements" problem and succeeded a little too well. I'm having the same problem in all public forums, except Gen. Disc. (and the boards I moderate, so at least that overrides whatever permissions snafu has happened).
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Should be fixed now. Apparently disallowing posting of topics in Announcements makes it disallowed in nearly all public boards. Which means it was probably my doing when I did just that earlier today, but you guys sure are slow to report a problem.

Goober set up some sort of template permission system that works differently from old one. I haven't looked into it, so Goober can fix up the Announcements whenever he likes it.

Offline Shade

Thanky-muchy.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yep, is fixed now. Thanks fury :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Indeed it's fixed, thanks Fury :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
When I make a mistake, and later fix it, people get annoyed.  When Fury makes a mistake, blames someone else, and later fixes it, people thank him. :confused:

I'll take a look at the Announcements board this evening.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
 :lol: , poor Goob he always gets bashed.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Shade

Well, Goober, we're just ungrateful bastards. Plus, Fury's a finn, which means by default that he's a crack shot with a sniper rifle. And despite not being Russian and thus not a priority target, it pays to be polite in these kinds of cases.

Besides, I personally don't recall ever being annoyed with you for fixing something, whether it was your mistake or someone else's. Usually I don't even get annoyed at the mistakes themselves, being that they're not deliberate - Humans are, after all, eminently fallible, so it's making sure to clean up afterwards that counts, since never making mistakes just isn't going to happen.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
That's not true Gob, I always thanked you too :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
goob you made an0n an admin

Offline Topgun

No one will ever forgive you for that

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
When I make a mistake, and later fix it, people get annoyed.  When Fury makes a mistake, blames someone else, and later fixes it, people thank him. :confused:

We've basically accepted that Fury is an ungrateful bastard of an admin who blames others and is incapable of offering justification for his actions, so we give up.

You remain capable of gratitude (probably) and justification, but it doesn't make sense so we rarely offer it to spare ourselves the confusion.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
When Fury makes a mistake, blames someone else
Sorry, I was a victim of chance. :D It took a quarter day before anyone notified that there was a problem, and when that happened, you were online exactly then. So I counted 1+1 and thought you were messing with board permissions to fix the original issue.

Then you disappeared from online list and shortly afterwards someone said something on irc that made me double-check the permission change I applied to Announcements. And sure enough, when I change permissions of one board, it is applied to all boards that share the same template.

Sorry about that Gooby. :p

We've basically accepted that Fury is an ungrateful bastard of an admin who blames others and is incapable of offering justification for his actions, so we give up.
I'm the bastard you love to hate, am I right. :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sorry, I was a victim of chance. :D It took a quarter day before anyone notified that there was a problem, and when that happened, you were online exactly then. So I counted 1+1 and thought you were messing with board permissions to fix the original issue.

Then you disappeared from online list and shortly afterwards someone said something on irc that made me double-check the permission change I applied to Announcements. And sure enough, when I change permissions of one board, it is applied to all boards that share the same template.

Sorry about that Gooby. :p
Well, I appreciate that.  Thanks. :)

I shall get those permissions fixed ASAP.  It's not *quite* a trivial fix, but it's not very hard.

I'm the bastard you love to hate, am I right. :p
Hey, we need an irascible grumpy admin around to keep us on our toes.  It keeps things interesting, and it prevents us (well, most of us) from slacking off or becoming complacent. :D

And you sure come in handy when the forum needs upgrading... :nervous:

That's not true Gob, I always thanked you too :)
I was speaking generally.  And mostly, I was making a joke. :)

goob you made an0n an admin
No, actually we stole an0n's account after he had already been banned, and then we adminned ourselves and started impersonating him...

Hmm.  With the recent slew of high-profile internet court cases, we'd probably have to think twice before pulling a similar stunt nowadays. :nervous:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:49:37 am by Goober5000 »

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Eh, don't worry. As long as this asshole doesn't return, it's all fine.  :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH