Author Topic: Forgot Password -> Login Bug  (Read 2000 times)

Offline carn1x

Forgot Password -> Login Bug
I forgot my forum password, so I requested a password changed, changed the password with the form linked from the email, then after this, it presents me with a login form to use my newly changed password, however this form just flat out refuses to accept my password. If I navigate away from this form however and try to login with a form from another section of the forums, I can get in OK. A bit weird and annoying, but I got in eventually :S

Additionally, I just had to repost this topic, as it the verification picture: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/verifications/dem_001.jpg does not exist.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Forgot Password -> Login Bug
Image link fixed.  Turns out it's a PNG.

Not sure what the deal is with your password.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
What the **** Goober? That verification image is flat out ridiculous and I've removed it. Please be sensible and only put up verification images people can actually type. The STOP font alone makes the nameplate very difficult to read, let alone get correct. It certainly would stop bots but also people from registering.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Aww. :p

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Goober, I often jokingly make fun of your decisions, but this one is just flat-out asinine. Individual members of our community have contributed game-changing pieces of work; we can't risk turning away even one person because a verification image was impossible and it pissed them off.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Maybe if that was the only image, but it was one of twelve possible verification images.  And if you refreshed the page, a different image should have come up.

Anyway, it was up for less than 10 minutes before being taken down.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Goober, I often jokingly make fun of your decisions, but this one is just flat-out asinine. Individual members of our community have contributed game-changing pieces of work; we can't risk turning away even one person because a verification image was impossible and it pissed them off.
You're like 10 days late posting. :wtf:

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
More like 40 days.  Must have been held up by heavy rain and flooding.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Oh yes. I just so happened to misread December as January in hurry. :nervous:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
ohdear

i blame darthgeek  :mad: