Author Topic: Star Wars Empire at War LAN Issue (relevant to other games as well)  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
  • Current Project: Vasudan Imperium (\/) (;,;) (\/)
Star Wars Empire at War LAN Issue (relevant to other games as well)
Okay here is my problem:

My network set up:

Computer A: wireless card connected directly to router and internet.

Computer B: wired connection to wireless print server that is connected to the router and internet.

Both have Star Wars Empire at War (same version and same CD Key) installed. Both have Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption (same version and different CD Key) installed as well.

When I try to play EAWFOC LAN neither computer can see the other (even with all firewalls off and even when disconnected from the internet - unplug modem; router still running and computers still on network).

When I try to play EAW LAN Computer B can see Computer A, but Computer A cannot see Computer B in lobby. When Computer A hosts a match Computer B sees the match information correctly and can join - however he doesn't show up in a game slot and cannot choose empire or rebel, team 1 or 2, or what color to use. Computer A sees nobody in game lobby.

Both computers are on the same network, they can both ping each other normally and they can access shared files. Both have played other games LAN in the past (Age of Empires 3 works and FreeSpace works over LAN).

I occasionally have this sort of problem trying to play games on my network (Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne for example has a similar issue). Help would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:37:11 pm by Unknown Target »
I, Aries one, have proved myself superior to the legendary Terran pilot Alpha one! Let the Vasudan people take pride in this accomplishment, and take the Parliamentary Vasudan Empire to victory over the inferior Galactic Terran Alliance! Long live the Emperor!