Author Topic: you guys are hard to find  (Read 4244 times)

Offline JTBob

you guys are hard to find
I have known about your mod since the beggining but you guys have kept swaping websites and all that stuff and it took me forever to find you. I finally found you after finding a link on some random homeworld site. You guys should really advertise more and update your webpage. I am not complaining at all I just think it would be a shame if the community didn't take notice of this wonderful mod.

Offline Pera

• Tapper
I did a google search.

http://www.google.com/search?q=the+apocalypse+project&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=fi&lr=

And there's also a link on the HLP main page, and now also in my sig. So it shouldn't really be THAT hard to find us.

About updating, well, we could always post another "we're not dead"-post, but what good would that do? Right now, we don't really have much to show anyway.
One is never alone with a rubberduck - Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

The Apocalypse Project

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
He's right, we should advertise a bit more. Before I joined it took me ages to figure out what happened the name changed from The Beast Project to TAP.

Offline JTBob

well you might want to give and updated link to volitonwatch or something. As for the front page if you have made any new conversions. Also nothing on that page works for me except the one picture. I used netscape so that might be the problem. Also if you guys need any help making conversions I could help and I think a couple friends could too

Offline Pera

• Tapper
Originally posted by JTBob
well you might want to give and updated link to volitonwatch or something. As for the front page if you have made any new conversions. Also nothing on that page works for me except the one picture. I used netscape so that might be the problem. Also if you guys need any help making conversions I could help and I think a couple friends could too

I hope Dragonclaw reads this... :)

How much you know about converting ships? Do you have any experience?

The Apocalypse Project

Offline JTBob

the exact same time the beast project was starting up I was considering the exact same thing. I started reveiwing what programs I needed and familiarized myself with the  basic knowledge of files and stuff like transfering from .peo to .dxf to whatever the freespace format is (I forgot). As I was in the process to produce my beta ship I stumbled upon an article on the volitionwatch page explaining your project. I was shocked and I talked to one of the original project members. I believe it was USS Alexander? Any ways I was considering helping produce some of the ships but after I realized you understood more about transfering I decided I wouldn't be that much help. I see now that things have slowed down and I was thinking that maybe I could speed things up because I think that it would be a shame if the potential of this mod was wasted in anyway.

Offline Pera

• Tapper
the exact same time the beast project was starting up I was considering the exact same thing. I started reveiwing what programs I needed and familiarized myself with the  basic knowledge of files and stuff like transfering from .peo to .dxf to whatever the freespace format is (I forgot). As I was in the process to produce my beta ship I stumbled upon an article on the volitionwatch page explaining your project. I was shocked and I talked to one of the original project members. I believe it was USS Alexander? Any ways I was considering helping produce some of the ships but after I realized you understood more about transfering I decided I wouldn't be that much help. I see now that things have slowed down and I was thinking that maybe I could speed things up because I think that it would be a shame if the potential of this mod was wasted in anyway.

Well, we are slowed down because many of our team members have other things to do right now. Hopefully it's just temporary. I really would need some help, as I'm the only converter who can actually do something now. It's not my decision to let people officially into the team, but if you are willing to help, I can send you a few models(unless you have HW yourself) and tell you what to do with them. About getting into the team you have to talk to Thorn, who is currently moving so he probably won't be here for a while.

If this is ok with you, PM or email me.

The Apocalypse Project

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot

Umm, you click on the picture to open the page... mmm... lol

And I don't really update the news anymore, I gave Thorn, Pera, and Alexander passes to the news script so they should be posting news but noooooo :p

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Where is Alexander at the moment, anyway? He's been gone for ages.

Offline JTBob

I have HW and HWC not to mention freespace of course. I could use a refresher course on how to do it but the thing I really need to know is the ship tables because I never got that far in my work. I meant the page beyond the first one :p if I try and click to races, ship, etc links at the top it won't work.

Offline DragonClaw

If you hold your mouse over one of those 'tabs' a menu should appear below it... maybe netscape doesn't like that kind of scripting... maybe you should use I.E.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
I'm around every once in a while...
I remember you.. Ghent pointed you to me iirc....
DC, I'm thinking about redesigning the page once I get moved.... One that uses frames, easier to update. I also need to talk to someone about reskinning this forum to match it, once I figure out how I want it...

Offline DragonClaw

What you mean easier to update? that design is simple as hell, at least for me it is...

Offline DragonClaw

Oh yeah, and I totally despise frames, so...ugly...and dispicable...and usually is a sign of not even putting effort into the design...

I hate frames...

Offline JTBob

nm the site worked fine when I switched to IE

Offline Thorn

Originally posted by RKIF-DragonClaw
Oh yeah, and I totally despise frames, so...ugly...and dispicable...and usually is a sign of not even putting effort into the design...

I hate frames...

I can make it look half decent... usually.. if not, I wont use em, but I'll try it first, and it is easier to update, you dont have to update the menu for every page if you want to change something on it.

Offline DragonClaw

Originally posted by Thorn

I can make it look half decent... usually.. if not, I wont use em, but I'll try it first, and it is easier to update, you dont have to update the menu for every page if you want to change something on it.

Uhh, thats why I used PHP Thorn... you don't have to... I use the include php script, all you have do is change the header and every page has an updated menu.

Offline Thorn

k.. never really bothered with PHP....
I'll just make the basic design then, you can do the rest..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2002, 09:16:16 am by 322 »