Author Topic: Notification issues  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I have not been recieving notification emails from HLP since Saturday.  According to my email, the last email that I recived from HLP was dated Sunday, September 9th 3:16 AM UTC.

This is probably related to the issues that raven_sp is having with his password reset notifications.

I have checked the account that receives my emails, it is indefinably still working and is still routable.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Same here.  I've pinged rev_posix.

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
The monkeys that tossed the mail out the door have been hosed down.  You should have a...  small handful..  of notifications now.  :P
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Yes indeed, looks like I have gotten some 20 in the last 20 minutes.

If you don't mind my asking, what happened?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
I've not looked at the logs enough yet to determine if it was due to the load from the Diaspora release or just general wonkyness, but the mail server decided to take a holiday. :P
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
kernel OOM killer shot the mail & ftp daemons when the server was slashdotted (& presumably ran out of memory?)  This is just a guess obviously...  :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...