Author Topic: Conversion Problems  (Read 1445 times)

I have successfully converted my untextured model into pcs2 to see if everything with the model is good, and so far everything works great except for one problem.
After I have exported to .dae file format, and then imported that .dae into pcs2, the left wing of the model is all screwed up, different from the right one.
I mirrored the left wing after the right wing, and it has nothing to do with the model, because I have already checked for messed up edges, faces, etc.
I will get a picture up as soon as I get some more time.
Thanks!
I came, I saw, I ate some salad.

And the pics

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If you mirrored it, then I'm almost certain the problem. Is flipped polygon normals. Honestly, I never found a quick fix to that problem, either. Always have to go and check each face. In 3ds Max, it has the mirror modifier which creates this problem and the symmetry modifier which does the same thing except without mirroring.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

The wing looks kind of see through, and different from the right wing

So how can i mirror the wing without this problem?

So how can i mirror the wing without this problem?
If you're using Blender, the recommended way of making symmetric ships is by using the Mirror modifier, which does not cause this problem. To fix an existing mesh with bad normals, Blender has an autofix available: select all faces and press (IIRC) Ctrl-N -> Recompute Normals.

I am hitting Ctr-N but nothing happens.
Do I have to be in a certain window or what?

I seem to have resolved the problem by checking the faces and some of them were, weird.
I will look into using the mirror modifier from now on, this was a tedious fix what with all of the edges, faces, etc.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
You aren't using FSF's tutorial.....I sent you a link in your wings thread.  I highly recommend using it.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War