Author Topic: Dozens Arrested in Anti-Terror Raids  (Read 1109 times)

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Dozens Arrested in Anti-Terror Raids
This is absolutely terrifying.

The article also fails to mention that someone was arrested for attempting to blow up the capitol here in the US.

Re: Dozens Arrested in Anti-Terror Raids
That was predictable. Each such case should be highlighted for people to be aware that such brainwashed savages are among us.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That was predictable. Each such case should be highlighted for people to be aware that such brainwashed savages are among us.

Did you read the article? Europol estimates that there are 2500 to 3000 people in Europe that may fit into the "radical Islam" set. Given that Europe's population currently sits at over 500 million, what good do you think exaggerating the possibility of them living near you would do?
By highlighting them in the press on an individual basis, you're achieving two things: One, you're exaggerating the number of these idiots in the public's perception, and Two, you are glorifying them. I would think that neither of these are things you want to do if you want to be rid of them.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
article says 2500 - 5000 people.

But yer, this is definitely an alarmist piece, while it contains facts it has been worded and edited in such a way as to maximize the shock factor, for example 5000 extremists? drop them all into my town and they would still be out numbered 20 to 1.

While the scale of this is pretty big what wasn't reported I don't think is that anti terror raids are fairly common.  what makes it all so sensational is the proximity to the Paris attack.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art