Better work on the idea
1 (14.3%)
Not a good idea
2 (28.6%)
Shutup and go away
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: November 19, 2002, 06:34:20 pm

Author Topic: New campaign (another one....)  (Read 5904 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
New campaign (another one....)
:wtf: to the big font..

ever try ICQ Lite?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Knight Templar
:wtf: to the big font..

You, sir, are trying to confuse me.

I shall give ICQ Lite a try, if I must... standby...

[EDIt] See? Even the ICQ download page had pop-up and "do you want to set your homepage to Insert Generic Adserver.com?". Bah... you realise I'm only doing this cos I'm a big softy at heart, KT
« Last Edit: November 19, 2002, 09:07:32 pm by 170 »

Offline Solatar

For that modern campaign idea, you can use the Unification War stuff as a base, the Unification War takes place in 2317, so it isn't as far ahead, and you are already started a little back. I would gladly help out as I was going to do this alsol but my team wouldn't have it.:D

Offline diamondgeezer

Well, if this ever comes to anything I'll certainly investigate the UW stuff. Cheers Hades mate.

[EDIT] OK, I'm ICQed up. Number is 1775543063
« Last Edit: November 19, 2002, 09:18:21 pm by 170 »

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Well I'm glad to see one topic is not off topic.....oh wait....DAMN!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Keeping OTness in mind, the number didn't work when searched..

oh yeah, what do you guys think of the camp?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
For the record, unlike DG, I like the general idea; implementation might be tough but if you can pull it off, go for it.  I would suggest remodeling the Lucifer a bit, change up its hull enough so that it looks like like a more advanced derivitive (sp?) of the original.  Other than that, COOL!

:yes:

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Knight Templar
Keeping OTness in mind, the number didn't work when searched...

Oh yes, my bad. Too many sevens, Mr Mozart. Try 175543063

And as for nuclear's idea, I just feel it lacks enough of a gimmick. Are you sure that setting the entire thing in a nebula would be a good idea? Or would it take the edge off the 'wow' factor the nebula inspires? At he end of the day, what would it have that really makes it stand out from all the other half-finished projects out there?

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Oh yes, my bad. Too many sevens, Mr Mozart. Try 175543063

And as for nuclear's idea, I just feel it lacks enough of a gimmick. Are you sure that setting the entire thing in a nebula would be a good idea? Or would it take the edge off the 'wow' factor the nebula inspires? At he end of the day, what would it have that really makes it stand out from all the other half-finished projects out there?
What you fail to see is that nebulas if used properly can deeper involve players.  Not all ideas have to be off-the-wall original in order to be good, what he's proposing has been attempted before but I have yet to see it well done; Derelict comes close but the mass of errors and bugs in that campaign detract from the overall quality.

Don't shunt the ideas of others so quickly; give helpful advice or shut your trap.

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by LtNarol
What you fail to see is that nebulas if used properly can deeper involve players.

Fair enough. It's your opinion vs mine. Who's is right?

Not all ideas have to be off-the-wall original in order to be good, what he's proposing has been attempted before but I have yet to see it well done

Again, it's a free world.

Don't shunt the ideas of others so quickly; give helpful advice or shut your trap.

Oh deary me... I spies *****ing, and we're only on the second page... look, the dude asked for opinions and I gave mine. Just because it probably wasn't what he wanted to hear doesn't mean you get to shout at me. Same goes for advice - in this case my advice is to throw some more twists in to the pot...

Narol mate, you really need to learn to relax. You get in to this routine far too often.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Fair enough, your opinions are yours and no one can argue otherwise, but "it sucks, get lost" isnt constructive criticsm.

Offline diamondgeezer

OK... so how about "I think it needs a little something more to really make sure it gets noticed"? Is that a fair comment?

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by diamondgeezer

Heavy character development--You can expect to see and hear characters like the Marines from Aliens, a specific Vice Admiral for the vessel, and several others.

Not all of its going to be in the nebula. A good deal of the final missions will be in open space, so you won't be in the nebula for the entire campaign.

If possible, the ********* will scare the heckells out of you (no, aldo, NOT your Nightmares :D ). I hope that if done properly with the right effects and the right messages, I could create a nice lil' scary atmosphere.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline diamondgeezer

Persistent characters and heavily atmospheric missions? Now we're talking the same language, my pedigree chum... That's exactly the sort of thing I aim for when I'm writing. Stick to those ideals and you'll be on the right track, says I.

How was that, Narol?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/reciprocity/newwar.htm

The little spec I wrote up a few months ago for a very far future project...bascially a whole freeware game only using the FS engine and not_much_else.  Although I never intended in even starting it until late next year.