Author Topic: Walmart pulling "sniper" games off shelves  (Read 8217 times)

Offline YodaSean

• i am so special
    • http://www.geocities.com/radioactiveyeti
Walmart pulling "sniper" games off shelves
"The video games that are being recalled feature snipers targeting and killing innocent people. Wal-Mart officials said they pulled at least seven video games off store shelves, including Terminator, Dawn of Fate, Tribes Aerial Assault and Rainbow Six, and Rogue Spear. "

umm...since when do people flying around in jetpacks with high explosives qualify as "innocent people"? (talking about tribes)

article:
http://www.msnbc.com/local/knsd/a1359298.asp

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
you knew it would happen sooner or later
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline RandomTiger

Changing US gun laws would be a better strategy.

Last time I checked computer generated sniper bullets dont make it out of the computer sceen and are a minimum risk to the public.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 11:36:08 pm by 848 »

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Cause you know when they find the guy.....

"Well you know, I wouldn't have been so good if it hadn't been for Rainbow Six"

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Funny how these things are perfectly acceptable when they're a few thousand miles removed, but as soon as someone actually puts one of these guns to their indended use in real life, it's nothing anyone wants to think about...

People suck.

Offline RandomTiger

It makes me so angry when they blame the games and the music.
It feels to me that the company is just doing it for show to make stupid people think they care. I bet they are not willing to risk profits by removing all games with sniper stuff in them.

Thats like every good FPS shooter thats come out since HL.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
personally.. if wal mart would just get rid of any/and all versions of Deer Hunter ... that would "solve" most of their problems..

now dealing with the East Coast Sniper Crisis by removing FPS's.. now that's just reatarded.. as usual. But hey, how many of you buy from Wal mart?

Red-necks suck

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline YodaSean

• i am so special
    • http://www.geocities.com/radioactiveyeti
Originally posted by Knight Templar

But hey, how many of you buy from Wal mart?

Yar, its not really thats its going to cause problems for me, all you can find at walmart anyways are deer hunting games and software thats guarenteed to sell at least a million copies.  Its their ignorance that really bothers me...

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
I don't know what wal-mart is (hear of it...) but Thats so stupid its laughable... are they going to remove Conflict Desert Storm when bush mashes up Iraq?

Oh and by the way... that game is rubbish! ARRH!!! its SOOOO! CRAP! At the time people said it was a OFP beater! Its like a cartoon!
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
They have not been able to catch the guy, so they need some excuse to look like they are actually doing something against him; the games are the obvious target. :p

Funny how these things are perfectly acceptable when they're a few thousand miles removed, but as soon as someone actually puts one of these guns to their indended use in real life, it's nothing anyone wants to think about...

not the case for me... :D

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
They're doing it to please the mental rejects that actually believe that games are responsible for violence.  Please... :rolleyes:

If that were true, I would've blown up the ****ing highschool when I was 16.
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by MD-2389

If that were true, I would've blown up the ****ing highschool when I was 16.

ah, that leaves me still one year.

*fires up Soldier of Fortune 2 and practices the use of the M-16*
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I need to do it before my next birthday then; better get started... ;7

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
not the case for me... :D

it's not liek you go outside anyways...:p

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
lol actually I meant that I am not one to make a big deal over any game-like incidents in real life; both are perfectly acceptable to me. :D

Offline Razor

I think it's quite OK. Why should young people be taught the american way? By which I mean, killing people, waging war. That stuff isn't funny dude. Do you even know how it is when you are home and there is war outside. You are waiting for the bomb to fall on your house and such. It's horrible dude. Ok now you will say that this is OT, but I am talking about war games in general.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Nothing wrong with killing people and waging war; that is the way the world works. Yes it is funny; everything is funny if you look at it as such. :D

Offline heretic

• http://www.warpstorm.com
Originally posted by RandomTiger
Changing US gun laws would be a better strategy.

:lol:

oh please, do tell how outlawing guns will stop criminals! or how forcing even more registration will stop an illegal/stolen gun.....I -love- it when people say that.
VBB survivor: June 1999 until the end. Only banned 2 or 3 times (I think)

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
Heretic: guns are illegal in this country, and many other European nations. We have a much lower incidence of gun violence here than elsewhere. I concede that it doesn't stop everyone, and those who are committed to getting a gun can probably do so. However, it cuts off the easiest route of supply. Only those who connive to get a gun can do so.

Why was this done? Because seven years ago, a guy walked into a Scottish school with a legally-owned gun, and shot a dozen or so six-year-olds and their teachers. Since the outlawing of handguns, no such incident has been repeated.

The point is you can make it harder for criminals to get guns. It won't stop everyone, but it does stop most of 'em - here, at least. Now, if you're prepared to argue that Americans are in some way different to that, genetically or socially... :p

Besides, I bet if I dug up the figures, most gun violence, like other violence will have been committed within the home, by members of the same family to one another. Most gun violence involves legally-owned guns.

Offline heretic

• http://www.warpstorm.com
show me that your homicide rates have dropped. the ones in the US have.

also, don't forget, that guns cannot be made illegal in the U.S., no matter what is tried.

but take the u.k.

50% of burglaries happen while the person is at home... hell, the crooks KNOW the homowner won't shoot back.

in the US, it's like 3%.
VBB survivor: June 1999 until the end. Only banned 2 or 3 times (I think)