Author Topic: Downloading  (Read 15899 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Razor
It may not be a big deal for you to download 70 MB, but it's a big deal for Woomeister to upload 70 MB.

especially to upload at 2k :D

Nope none of the staff have up to date files I'm afraid, I'm currently added subsystem paths to the remaining 60+ ships so the whole thing needs reuploading once done.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait,can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sits in a corner and waits for Inferno to be released*

*keeps eyes fixed on the "Status" page on the Inferno website*

*waits....*

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Corhellion
*keeps eyes fixed on the "Status" page on the Inferno website*

Well I updated that page a few days ago :D

I know...I almost hit the roof of my house when I saw 4 of the 6 catagories(there is 6 right?) were in the 90s!!!

Oh, and...er...just asking Woo, you need a beta tester? Cause...uh...I could be one. Just asking/wondering...

Cor

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I might be looking for external beta testers in a few days/weeks, or I might just release the thing :)

as for a breakdown of the status page:

Ships 98%: Adding some paths and doing final tweaks, this is the stat for the entire campaign set of mods.

Music 100%: Done ages ago, 2 new tracks and a few briefing tracks from FS1.

Weapons 97%: Playing with some stuff in the internal ;)

Interface 90%: Fighter interfaces are almost complete, one main hall done.

CB Animations: Few full length ones, and the rest are total crap...

Missions 25%: Chapter 1 GTVA is undergoing testing, Chapter 1 SOC is underway and the other chapters have a few missions done.

When we do release it'll be the GTVA Chapter 1. This will come with 60% of the mods missing the two new species which feature later on. Some SOC/EA ships that are not needed will be absent as well.

COoOL! And If You do need some external beta testers(like me) send me a PM.

Cor

I submit my PC to your mod testing purposes ;)

I got tired of watching the old Gigas kill the Enterprise in one shot ... I ran it like 10 times...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Razor

That sucks. Why would you have to depend on other people to get the things you need. Why don't you simply get ADSL? It's almost as good as Broad band. It's fast reliable and you can get the speed of up to 2 MB/s which is 40 times faster than the 56Ker. And besides, it's much cheaper than BB. But there is even something far better than BB and it's satelite connection. Ah, the joy of 40 Mbits/s

Can't get ADSL for the same reason thats wot BT ave told me!! unless am willing to pay thousands of pounds just to get a line installed so i've bn informed. i think not!!!!!
"For 10,000 years we have thought the
long war and our hatred still knows no
succour. Those who have defied us shall
feel the full wrath of Chaos..."
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok I think I know how I'm going to do it, only one question remains, would you prefer the files in a set of installer programs or just in a set of self extracting rar files.
Either way is good for me :)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Woomeister
I might be looking for external beta testers in a few days/weeks, or I might just release the thing :)

No no no! Whatever you do, don't waste all your hard work by not doing this last, oh so little, but oh so important step! Otherwise, it'll be the only thing people think about when they think of Inferno - every little bug that could and should have been fixed, but wasn't, and I know it deserves  better than that.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Originally posted by Razor
It may not be a big deal for you to download 70 MB, but it's a big deal for Woomeister to upload 70 MB.

Yeah, I forgot about that.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Definately smaller vps, so that uploading updates is not so painful.  Downloads don't matter to me, but I'll bet that there will be a couple of bugfixes thrown in at some point and I'll bet Woo'd prefer to upload a replacement to one little vp than to reupload the entire campaign.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Bri_Dog

Ok I think I know how I'm going to do it, only one question remains, would you prefer the files in a set of installer programs or just in a set of self extracting rar files.
Either way is good for me :)

Why not do it like TBP does?
Sig

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The size of the TBP files are too large for me to upload, my files will be split up a different way.
I've already got most of them ready :D

Offline Bri_Dog

The size of the TBP files are too large for me to upload, my files will be split up a different way.
I've already got most of them ready :D

YAY! :D Now finish the rest of them!!
Sig

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
All the VP files except the missions one are compiled, uploaded a few of them.

Offline Bri_Dog

All the VP files except the missions one are compiled, uploaded a few of them.

Oh cool, a play-by-play updater :D
Sig

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
All the mods have been uploaded, only the missions remain.

I estimate a full install will be a 80mb+ download.

Offline Fetty

so if thas only 1/3rd of whats its going to be u might as well go n record a few thousand cds :wink:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nope I'm giving you the entire modpacks for the first 3 chapters, the rest is less than 10mb at the moment :)