Author Topic: Freespace2 Co-op Campaign  (Read 11475 times)

By the way Stealth, 15 what??

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by EdrickV
That's why I didn't link to the Descent-Network download page. ;) (Looks like at least some of your download links are the same as theirs anyways.)

yeah, but i have ALL downloads from two locations

primary = mine
secondary = descent network, PXO, volition, etc.

and SayWhatNow... what are you talking about?  15?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Oh no, he's a COCKNEY! AAAAAAAAAHHHHH! *runs*
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

eH?  who?

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

:wtf:GE, whatcha been smokin? cause i want some ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
heh... true dat :)

Cockney?! Where?! (legs it)

...nah, jes under the influence of a mate.

Oh hey, almost forgot. I haven't had a chance to D/L all the wonderful toys you folks have forwarded me (*chokes up* You guys rock! Party on, *sniff*) but I'm assuming they can all be used on mods and whatnot right?
Heading interstate but when I get back I wanna try and port a few of those sweet looking Super Veritechs or even that awesome YF21 when I get back

oh yeah, the 15 thing... a mate of mine knows a bit about binary... we thought it meant 15

Hey folks, found your site because of some former FS friends... and I'm going nuts trying to figure this out...

I've done everything said in this thread... or have I?  

I'm desperately trying to get the Single Player campaign to play in Multiplayer mode (for LAN play) so my friends and I can play this game.  

Is there a place where I can download a patch or something that someone has already done this with?  He's over here right now, so that's what I'd like to do is get it working ASAP...  I'm hoping someone's on right now that can help.. otherwise I'll have to put up with something else... /sigh

Thanks.

A while ago i converted most of the missions up to chapter 3 to work with 2 players,  so i could go though the campaign with my friend. It worked pretty well, and really only took a days work.

But that was like last year, and i dont have the files, but it is easy to do.

And fun to play aswell.
--------------------------

Sig

Offline SnakeEyes

• Lost generation
Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe I finally have an answer to someone elses pray!!

I have a multiplayer version of the FS2 main campaign (The guys at FS port should really indeed make one of the FS1 campaign)
I've played it so much and it has a couple of bugs, specially with the SOC missions because the events are not ready for for more than one player.

Anyway I think it's a good start. Where shall I post/mail it??

PD - Sesquid is right. The original file was posted in VW archives but I actually e-mailed the guy that did them and he sent me annother copy a year or two ago....
I feel like an exile......

Re: Freespace2 Co-op Campaign
Originally posted by SayWhatNow?
Hey, jes wanna know. Has anyone made, or heard of a co-op mod of the Freespace2 single player campaign?? My Squad's looking fer it. Purdy please anyone!

I have seen it over at the volitionwatch archives somewhere. I have seen it multiple times.

A while back I downloaded a multiplayer version of the FS2 campaign from VW Archives, and started tinkering around with it.  My goal was to make an acceptable modification for two players (also for LAN, as it turns out.)  Now, I'm making an even more 'radical' transformation to four players.  Before, I didn't make much of an attempt to balance gameplay, now I'm actually downscaling friendly forces and upgrading hostiles to a certain degree.  The assumption, of course, being that one human player is many computer players.

The current version can be found here.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 02:59:51 pm by 1077 »

Freespace2 Co-op Campaign
Realize it's a rather old thread, but this works over tcp/ip as well (not just lan?)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by operator
Realize it's a rather old thread, but this works over tcp/ip as well (not just lan?)

On FS2_open retail or Kazan's latest net testing build, yep. Other versions of FS2_open apparently have problems with LAN play unless you feel like getting something a bit older (like 3.5.5).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
ack....realized this is an old thread, post edited.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

heh, someone do this multiplayer conversion to the Inferno mod. Heh heh heh heh....i want smarter wingmen to battle the Nemesis with =D

P.S. can the HLPBB welcoming wagon, i think i already received it. i just dont post often.