Author Topic: Freespace Trivia Game Mk. II  (Read 15963 times)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Freespace Trivia Game Mk. II
Name 2 Shivan Destroyers (excluding the lucifer and Eva)  that were mentioned or destroyed in FS1
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Tantalus -- Clash of the Titans

hmm... can't remember any others :p

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Cruisers are good too.. but you have to name 5 instead of 2.

(Maybe I'm just asking because I need to know and am too lazy to research :nervous: )

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Easy - Cain, Abel, Thunder, Lightning, Zenith - without even thinking about it too much. :p

But I still want to know that other destroyer. :nod:

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
You haven't told it must be in the main single player campaign of FS1. First is the Tantalus, and the other is the another Demon-class destroyer which must be destroyed in the original volition-made multiplayer mission, in which you must protect a research center, or something like that.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Goober5000
Easy - Cain, Abel, Thunder, Lightning, Zenith - without even thinking about it too much. :p

But I still want to know that other destroyer. :nod:

Bah.... Taranis :p

You haven't told it must be in the main single player campaign of FS1. First is the Tantalus, and the other is the another Demon-class destroyer which must be destroyed in the original volition-made multiplayer mission, in which you must protect a research center, or something like that.

The Hellfire. I wuv that mission :D

Also, there's the Hanuman (or something like that) in one of the ST multi missions.

Another one was the Tiburon, but that's user-made, so it doesn't count.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Taranis was a cruiser!

Hmm... I forgot about multi.  I never play it, so I wouldn't know.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
So am I right(no, I am left) about that other name? Or you thought it to be another one?

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by TopAce
So am I right(no, I am left) about that other name? Or you thought it to be another one?

yup :nod:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
My question:

How many weapon emplacements does the GTVA Colossus has? (Flak guns, warhead launchers, beams and normal turrets)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Haven't been to this thread in a while...

Anyway, 63. The movie information is incorrect; it actually has 18 laser turrets (10 big, 8 small), 12 flak turrets, 10 missile launchers, and 23 beam cannons (13 big, 10 small). These contain 10 Terran Huge Turrets, 8 Terran Turrets, 12 Standard Flak, 8 MX-52s, 2 Piranhas, 10 AAAf's, 7 TerSlashes and 5 BGreens. Note that in the sm3-02 "High Noon" mission, and possibly others as well, the BGreens are all replaced with LRBGreens. (being the nut I am, I have memorized the armaments and turret positions of all the FS2 ships :rolleyes: :D)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Yeah. You surely calculated well. I didn't count them, I thought the movie is right. :cool: Looks as not. Congrats, your turn!

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by CP5670
Haven't been to this thread in a while...

Anyway, 63. The movie information is incorrect; it actually has 18 laser turrets (10 big, 8 small), 12 flak turrets, 10 missile launchers, and 23 beam cannons (13 big, 10 small). These contain 10 Terran Huge Turrets, 8 Terran Turrets, 12 Standard Flak, 8 MX-52s, 2 Piranhas, 10 AAAf's, 7 TerSlashes and 5 BGreens. Note that in the sm3-02 "High Noon" mission, and possibly others as well, the BGreens are all replaced with LRBGreens. (being the nut I am, I have memorized the armaments and turret positions of all the FS2 ships :rolleyes: :D)

She never seems to fire her missiles tho. Mainly 'cos they're listed in PBanks in the tbl and do not physically exist as missile points in the pof.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Hmm... Here's one.

Name all GVC/PVC Mentu cruisers that have appeared in the main FS2 campaign, up to the Mission "Flaming Sword". ;)
A Seth is a terrible thing to waste. The reverse applies for Shivans.

"Look at you, Hacker... a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a PERFECT, IMMORTAL MACHINE?"
        -- Shodan, the Devil of Citadel Station, 2072 AD

-= Freshly hooked on LSD... er, DSL=-

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by StEaLtH[cro]
Hmm... Here's one.

Name all GVC/PVC Mentu cruisers that have appeared in the main FS2 campaign, up to the Mission "Flaming Sword". ;)

GVC Andromeda (guess)
GVC Yaruu
GVC Somtus
GVC Unut

What were the names of the six warships that attacked the Ravana? (one of them is tricky to find)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2003, 02:31:33 pm by 673 »

Originally posted by nuclear1
GVC Andromeda (guess)
GVC Somtus

Assuming the Andromeda wasMentu class (likely, since the Aten class is a GW1 relic, even though the command briefing doesn't mention the class)... correct.
GVC Yaaru
GVC Unut

The Yaaru is supposed to have a different designation since it was under General Ahmose, and it acted without order from high command (PVC - :sigh: another slip-up by the :V: squad) Anyways... Correct :D
What were the names of the six warships that attacked the Ravana? (one of them is tricky to find)

Okay... GTC Heisenberg (Leviathan), GVCv Khenmu (Sobek), GVC Somtus (Mentu), GTCv Yakiba (Deimos)... and naturally the GTCv Actium and Lysander (Deimos)

Happy? :D

<>
And yes, the Heisenberg was a bit hard to find ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2003, 05:16:59 pm by 800 »
A Seth is a terrible thing to waste. The reverse applies for Shivans.

"Look at you, Hacker... a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a PERFECT, IMMORTAL MACHINE?"
        -- Shodan, the Devil of Citadel Station, 2072 AD

-= Freshly hooked on LSD... er, DSL=-

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Well you forgot the Delecroix, First destroyer killed in the Second Shivan incursion and it died from the ravana...

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
New question. Who was the commander of the GTD Intrepid in 2335? (Tricky.)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

Wasn't it Admiral Po?

Said so in one of the ST Command Briefs I think.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
First it was Admiral Jefferson, but he was killed during the Great War.

( oops - did I just give away a FOW plot secret? :nervous: )

BTW, how do you find the GTC Heisenberg?