Author Topic: In game recording??????  (Read 1445 times)

In game recording??????
Does anyone know how to recorde ingame video and ingame sound?  Im intrested in doing some movie making :):thepimp:
=SSC=ADMRL
Shattered Star Confederation
Black Widows Squadron

Offline Nuclear1

Go to this thread. Follow my instructions, but instead look in stu_fs2 for the sound files.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by nuclear1
Go to this thread. Follow my instructions, but instead look in stu_fs2 for the sound files.

I think he meant like, recording what he sees...

You can always run your PC through your VCR.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Open Paint.
Start Game.
Hit Print Screen for each desesired frame to be recorded.
paste.
save.

Repeat untill death.

:p I'm bored.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 04:50:30 pm by 675 »
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
And now for a more helpful post:

Unfortunately, SSC-ADMRL, FS2 doesn't include any kind of demo recorder like Descent, so you won't be able to do that, I'm afraid.  It sucks, but c'est la vie.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Actually, it does, but only in a partially finished state.  Go ask someone on the SCP team who's looked at it (I haven't).

For video I invested in the ATI 64mb tv in/out. Can use sound from in game action or add stuff like audio players in back ground with voice/music files cued to action my playing mission and timing them on mission clock adding dead air pauses in between cues. Works pretty good. as for isolating sounds NOT in game directory try Goldwave. I used it for my robotech missions and it's ok.

problem I have is to get 2 versions of the same song playing at the same time (one in English and 1 in Japanese) so Basara and getter1 can overwhelm the enemy "thing" (New species) lol! It sounds so awesome to hear the harmony in game but it sounds like crap when dual recording played back. Too much feedback/interference to get a good recording.

I have made little "demo" tapes for my friends of different games before (klingon academy/Everquest) with appropriate music/comments ect.) to make them entertaining. Now eventually I want to make a short movie with live action/animation and the FS engine.  I just need to get a projector for my back ground screen. get a cockpit constructed, get 2 or 3 other crazy people in the local area to "act" and learn how to use a video editor!

I already got a huge scene planned out near the end where getter1 ends up fighting a "thing" in the acceleration disk of a black hole system cause it is picking off the fleet 1 by 1 with a tractor beam and pulling them into the hole! The enemy fleet jumps in behind the Earthers trapping them in system! Alpha 1 must help punch a hole through the fleet to enable friendly ships to escape system and run to Earth.... Iron Maiden's "Nightmare theme/ Still Life" plays upon entry. Undetermined song during getter1 battle/ ends with getter1's "death" due to black hole.  Plays Aha's "The sun always shines on tv" durung the escape attempt. I think the sound track really makes the scene. Plus some good voice acting to get the emotional tension up! ops! (done with rant)
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon