GTF Loki
1 (1.5%)
GTF Ulysses
2 (3%)
Other (specify)
9 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 10, 2003, 01:06:21 pm

Author Topic: "Incoming poll signature, hostile configuration!"  (Read 17173 times)

Offline J.F.K.

"Incoming poll signature, hostile configuration!"
Originally posted by CP5670
That award I think should go to the Dragon. Very small and hard to hit, and incredibly maneuverable. The Horus can be annoying too, but it can't compare to that Dragon.

You got that right. There was one mission in FS1 I remember where the Lucifer is owning some poor Arcadia and you're instructed to defend a little Faustus untill the PVD Hope can get into position. I always play on Insane... and the only way to get those Dragons is by hitting them once with a Phoenix. *shudders* They're impossible... well, almost.

I went for the Terran Mara. Speed, armour, Kaysers, based on a Shivan design. It's got everything. :D
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Mara.

Being a Shivan fan, it's the closest I can get to the real thing without TBL hacking!

(I did that once and was flying a proper Mara in The Lion's Den. 'Twas a lot of fun!)
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Just ask Carl...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I've gotta find a way to fly a Seraphim and be able to use primaries...

11 Kayser blasts at once...
*salivates*
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Perseus. Great speed and maneuverablity and not too shabby hull/shields. And nice wings to.

A close second is the Erinyes. Nothing like linking Morning Star and Maxim in multiplayer and letting him have it.:D
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I want this thread closed. :(
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
I want this thread closed. :(

*stickys thread*

:devil: :D :drevil:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
heh, I'm late, but the hell with it. Out of that list, not including other (if other, the Seph is my favourite. Or maybe the Tauret, it's got massive secondary capacity), my vote would go to the GTF Ulysses. For some reason I just love it. Don't ask ^_^

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Someone close this thread. No one cares anymore.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
Someone close this thread. No one cares anymore.

This is why a moderator in this thread would be good.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
[glow=red]!Sorry, accidental double post, erase it if you want![/glow]

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline FoxHound

• Braveheart
the perseus is my fighter of choice, call me a newb (this is my first post) but I love the way she handles, and the way she zooms to a target.
**newbie**

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Welcome FoxHound. I see you like swift interceptors like me.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by TopAce

This is why a moderator in this thread would be good.

Why did you bump this thread? :no: :doubt: :blah:

(And yes, that is a rehtorical question; if I wanted an answer, I'd have left the thread open. :rolleyes: )
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill