Author Topic: Battle of the Belt  (Read 10984 times)

Offline Mortex

If I end up doing this all by myself, it will look sh1t, and only the die-hard S:AAB fans will even look at it.

Well I love to help but the skills I have to offer are very limited, you have already added turrets which was further than I got when I had a go at converting these same models, they are the Lambda reactor models right?

the mother ship is 2000m high

The same size I calculated based on some figures from a German S:AAB site. It just seemed about right.

For the record I think your doing a great job, :yes:

Maybe rather than going for high detail and thus having to remodel these meshes, higher quality textures might be the way to go? no Idea right ;) (j/k)
Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting.

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Mortex
they are the Lambda reactor models right?

*shrugs* Star Dragon stole them and sent them me. I didn't ask too many questions.

higher quality textures might be the way to go? no Idea right ;) (j/k)

Ha. Ha. Ha.

But thanks for the vote of confidence  - every little helps :D

Again i dont know where you are hearing that from, my Navy mate doesnt know anything about it...... and it wasnt in any of the Soldier/Janes Def Revs. ive been reading.

Offline diamondgeezer

I asked a marine in the armed forces office. Horses's mouth, and all that.

You know something??

I think Homeworld ripped S:AAB off. Man the Chig motherships look very much like the mothership in homeworld.

Homeworld just made it a little rounder.
You`d need more than a lightsabre to kick a shivans arse!!!

I pick wahoonies for a living! Maybe that why I have no friends,

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Thats... Pretty vague...
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline diamondgeezer

He may be right, folks - click

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
:eek2: MIKHAEL!!

Where have you been?! We missed you, man!

Better work on that aim, GE. I've been playing lineman, installing cable for people. Just got fired for getting in an accident in my company van. Now I work for Cisco as a sysadmin again.

I might be around more often now. :D
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Mortex

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Humour never was my strong point. I’ll take the challenge though. If your happy to send me the POF (COB would be easier though) I’ll see what I can do, I warn you I’m no Aldo :p
Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting.

I'd rather be known as the "Procurer" but oh well. Stole is such a harsh word... Especially since it took me months of searching for them and making sure they can be used for non profit modding (like all the models I try to use after finding). Enough of that though. Still trying to find more SAAB models but the well seems to be drying up. Good news, there is a homeworld SAAB mod as well as a promising ArmadaII mod. Bad news, anything from homeworld needs to be grouped (?) and I can't do that (only have 3dexploration and that 3.2 truespace I dled is like another language, I can't make heads or tails of it , hey I'm NOT a moddler), as for ArmadaII you need someone with 3dsmax and a plugin called STORM that takes A2 files and imports them to 3ds. then they can be converted to .cob/pof...ect...

I have lots of models of all types that need to be grouped BTW...

Oh yeah a a few that need to be broken into submodels cause they are having the shards of death like, oh,'

THE SCIMITAR!!! from nemisis (DL'ed from FS2 Sector)

and a Cylon BaseStar (also need to be grouped as well as broken down) But the textures are really good on this sucker..
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Star Dragon
Stole is such a harsh word...

;7

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Star Dragon
Bad news, anything from homeworld needs to be grouped (?) and I can't do that (only have 3dexploration and that 3.2 truespace I dled is like another language, I can't make heads or tails of it , hey I'm NOT a moddler

Catch me on ICQ some time next week (unfortunately I`m busy this week) and I`ll talk you through the basics (enough to group models at least).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
[EDIT] OK, try this one. This is in answer to the scale question. Obviously, there's a bit of weapons fire as well, but unfortunately you can't make out most of the UEF carrier's laser shots cos they're too small - it all looks a fair bit better in game. For the record, the Chig mothership is only a few hundred metres behind the carrier.

And if any one dares to aks why I'm loaded out with AOL Instant Messengers...

All I can say is...WOW!

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of S:AAB (that *ahem* dubious distinction belongs to Diamondgeezer :D), but I did enjoy the show while it was on TV and I was sorely disappointed when it was canceled.

That said, the stuff that DG has managed to accomplish so far with these S:AAB models is nothing short of incredible, especially since he readily admits that he's lacking in model-creation expertise.

DG, you're doing an excellent job here, and don't let anyone tell you different. I, for one, can't wait to see the end product and i hope you manage to get more people to help you out and finish the S:AAB project.

As for Aldo, DatDB has got dibs on him...but I've already said too much. :drevil:

It wasn't me! KT did it! :D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline diamondgeezer

*dances a small but very happy jig*

Thanks Su. I'll make you proud *salutes* :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
OK, this is a very loose translation:

The Chigs (so called because they look like parisitic earth creatures named 'chiggers' - allegedly) attacked the Vesta colony in the Epsilon Eridani system in 2063. This was man's first contact with another intelligent lifeform.

The Chiggy mothership was used as a carrier in the Grrombridge 34 system (not sure about this sentance). I have no idea what the last sentance means.

Oh, and the specs given are 'length' 'height' and 'breadth', although that didn't take a genius :)

Let's see...
The correct translation would be:

The shown Chig battleship first appeared in the battle for the Fleetbase in the Grombride 23 system. No data worth metioning about the Chig warships could be won.

EDIT: No, I'm not german, but I have good eyesight and know languages!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hmm... perhaps we should ask Free Terran to translate it. :drevil:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*Raises an eyebrow*
:doubt:
Are you questioning me?....
Are you REALLY questioning me?!:wtf:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!