Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175189 times)

Offline Fractux

Hey Riptide, there's currently only this FTP server set up. If you can't get on, grab it through eMule/ED2k.

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

I feel really dumb, but what file on the FTP do I download to get speech files?
-=End of Line=-

Offline Fractux

Hey Sharp,

Speech files are all located in stu.vp.  

Enjoy!

and

:welcome:
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Thx! :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 08:19:31 pm by 2506 »
-=End of Line=-

okay so i love this game, i got it for my birthday many years ago... but when I went to play it recently, my cds were so bady scratched that it screwed my afterburner, and you know how much that's needed in this game. The game othe than that is great. What should i do? Install the cd versiona and the missing files from the internet? Install hotu version and suck the missing vp files from the cds? if so which ones do i need?
-ph34r

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It's not the discs for that problem, have you installed XP recently?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Did they ever fix this problem in FS2_Open? I think they did but I don't want to send him off to download it if they didn't.

Well at least not as a solution to this problem :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

no, i've had my computer for almost a year now, and haven't had any chokeups, crashes, or anything. I must have micrrosoft's master/not to be released bugfree version! lol So what you're saying is that it's not the cds? that's a relief, I have already dowloaded hotu version, but not installed it. IS there a fix for this?
-ph34r

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, the SCP version is fixed.

okay, so i googled around and fixed my afterburner problem, but thanks anyway! i will have to download SCP cause, i mean, come on my radeon 9800 pro needs more to do with it's time that render games from '99. lol hl2 runs great, and now that fs2 works (but the text is screwey) i'll have a lot less free time.
-ph34r

um wasnt there tons of trouble with scp shinemapping on radeons?
if the world is my oyster - why can't i eat it?

desktop fs v1.61 - clicky
www.game-warden.com/desktopfs/

If i had a penguin, for everytime i had a donkey, id have 27 ways to dance one your rooftop

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Nope. Not really tons of trouble. It just simply didn't work for most people using anything above 4.4 catalysts :D

If you're used to FS2 retail you'll never notice that they're gone until you look at screenshots that include them :)

Hey, I've had a serious problem connecting to the FTP's, I suspect it's my schools firewall. They block almost all spare ports, Bit Torrent doesn't work, online games don't work, it's pretty bad. I really want to get sparky_hi_fs2.vp especially, and stu_fs2.vp too but I can't find any other place. Is there a hosted DL anywhere I can get them? Thanks.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Game Warden had them but there's no way MatthewPapa will be giving them out this month after the bandwidth problem he just had.

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be okay now. =)

Thanks for the FTP though, right kind of ya!

PigLick

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey Calvaclops and PigLick, welcome to HLP! :)

Since there's two of you:

- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Ok, question here...

I downloaded all the vps from the FTP site (thanks again!) and deleted the files in the data subdirectories as noted in the readme, but now the game wont' start.

I've seen mention of fixing the registry, but I didn't see any reg files on the FTP, and no mention of them in the readmes or on the Oracle FAQ. What is it I need to do to the registry to make it so the game will run?

PigLick

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I've actually never set up the FS2 registry on this computer, and I run retail.  My install consisted of directly ripping the Freespace2 directory across the network.  So I don't know that what I'm about to tell you makes any sense, but it's worth a try.

Short answer, go to the Wiki and look up the SCP.  You'll need it to play multi now, or if you want to give single player a go you'll find that it enhances the game drastically.  And the best part, it comes with its own launcher, which sets up the registry properly for you.  FS2 Retail need never have worked, and *presto* you've got a playable copy of Freespace 2.

Of course, if it's crashing because it's missing something, then that may not fix it.  But it will help narrow down the options.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Edit: Nevermind, just me being dumb, hehe.

PigLick
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 10:49:40 pm by 2569 »

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Source Code Project, alternatively FSO (FS Open).  It's the open-source version of freespace.  I point you to the wiki because it explains the whole deal pretty well, and it has a good set of instructions to get you started.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM